Famous Marilyn Monroe quotes on life, love and beauty
Marilyn Monroe quotes are some of the most inspiring quotes you will ever come across. They cut across different subjects from love, inspiration and life in general. Any person can learn a lot from these quotes.
Reading a few quotes by Marilyn Monroe can be inspiring. The following list is a compilation of some of the best quotes by Marilyn. You may find one or a few that you will enjoy.
The best Marilyn Monroe quotes and sayings
Like all other phenomenal personalities, Monroe is celebrated for having had remarkable wisdom on different issues. The following are a few of her best quotes;
- I don’t forgive people because I’m weak, I forgive them because I am strong enough to know people make mistakes.
Forgiveness is not about the other person but yourself. If you learn this secret then you can enjoy life better. Holding onto grudges only weighs you down.
- Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.
This is a caution to people who worry about breaking apart. Sometimes things have to break so that they can be mended.
- For those who are poor in happiness, each time is a first time; happiness never becomes a habit.
Lacking happiness is the worst kind of poverty. Happiness is priceless and impossible to purchase. Appreciate your happy moments in life.
- A girl doesn’t need anyone who doesn’t need her.
Girls and women now know their worth. They no no longer tolerate being treated like they do not matter.
- Always remember to smile and look up at what you got in life.
Gratitude is the secret to a beautiful life. When you pause to appreciate that which you have, everything else makes sense. Hardships become easier to deal with when we appreciate what we already have.
- A wise girl knows her limits, a smart girl knows that she has none.
Sometimes setting limits is what holds us back. Choose to be the smart person who pushes herself beyond limits. Success is possible for those who are willing to make the effort count.
- Just because you fail once doesn’t mean you’re gonna fail at everything.
Anyone who masters this secret knows how to do life right. You have to keep getting up and striving hard to achieve success. It is not always easy.
- I don’t stop when I’m tired. I only stop when I’m done.
Everyone needs to set a target that will keep them focused. Otherwise, many issues can easily cause you to give up mid-way.
Marilyn Monroe quotes about beauty
Beauty fades, but it is also one of the aspects that stress people out. A good number of people care about their looks and always want to stand out. Check out what Monroe had to say about it. These Marilyn Monroe beauty quotes will make you think about life in a new way.
- She was proud of her sexiness, but wished people recognized her inner beauty as well.
True beauty is not only what people perceive on the outward, but what lies inside. It is about intelligence, kindness, empathy and love for both self and others.
- A sex symbol becomes a thing. I just hate to be a thing.
When beauty is objectified, it becomes a thing whose value changes often. Women need to focus on honing their skills and bettering their lives as opposed to being seen as sex objects.
- Beauty and femininity are ageless and can't be contrived, and glamour, although the manufacturers won't like this, cannot be manufactured.
When one understands that true beauty and glamour is inborn and natural, then they will cease being obsessed with physical beauty and beauty products. Although these products enhance one's look, true beauty lies inside. You cannot make up for an ugly inside with cosmetics.
- Beneath the makeup and behind the smile I am just a girl who wishes for the world.
While the first impression matters to most when meeting someone, it is not the most important thing. People will always look for what you can offer beyond the great looks.
Marilyn Monroe love quotes
Some of the most enticing quotes Marilyn Monroe has ever come up with touch on this delicate subject. While love makes the heart grow fonder, it needs to be approached with a lot of caution. They are probably some of the most famous quotes by Marilyn Monroe on love.
- A strong man doesn’t have to be dominant toward a woman. He doesn’t match his strength against a woman weak with love for him. He matches it against the world.
Men do not have to use a lot of force to prove their position in a relationship. When a woman is loved right, she thrives both in her personal life and in a relationship.
- I have feelings too. I am still human. All I want is to be loved, for myself and for my talent.
In the end, all people want is to be truly loved and appreciated for whom they truly are.
- It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.
Remaining true to oneself is better than holding onto fake love. A person who truly loves you will appreciate you for who you are.
- If you can make a woman laugh, you can make her do anything.
The way to a woman's heart is through her laughter. Women want to be happy and nothing makes them happier than a hearty laugh.
- Men who think that a woman’s past love affairs lessen her love for them are usually stupid and weak.
Every human being has a past. Do not hold anything against the woman who loves you. When a woman loves you, she does it with all her heart. It does not matter who she has dated in her past.
- I think that love and work are the only things that really happen to us.
Everything else that happens in our lives is a result our personal choices. We should always remember that our choices affect out tomorrow.
- All a girl really wants is for one guy to prove to her that they are not all the same.
Every girl deserves to finds a gentleman who truly loves her as she is. Many girls have kissed a few frogs and feel discouraged. Despite the disappointments, good men exist.
Marilyn Monroe quotes about life
In life, experience teaches best. Marylin had her fair share of experiences that made her come up with wise and relevant sayings. Here are a few examples of famous Marilyn Monroe quotes on life that you will like;
- I learned to walk as a baby and I haven’t had a lesson since.
Sometimes all you need to do in life is to take baby steps and everything else will fall into place. You make mistakes when you want to handle everything all at once.
- It’s far better to be unhappy alone than unhappy with someone – so far.
Always choose happiness, it is far more important than many other things in life. When one is happy, all other things tend to fall in place.
- Keep smiling because life is a beautiful thing and there’s so much to smile about.
A smile is very beautiful and it makes everything in life a little better. Be sure to wear one because there is always something to smile about. Always look for the positive things to smile about.
- I’m pretty but not beautiful. I sin but I’m not the devil. I’m good but I’m not an angel.
We all have our flaws and sins, and so does everyone else. May we all try to tolerate each other and help each other to grow.
Marilyn Monroe inspirational quotes
These quotes of Marilyn Monroe will keep you inspired and charged. No matter what you are facing, you will overcome it all.
- Always be yourself. Retain individuality; listen to the truest part of yourself.
It is possible to achieve a lot in life if you remain true to yourself. Do not lose your individuality while pursuing meaningless frivolities.
- To all the girls that think you’re fat – because you’re not a size zero you’re the beautiful one. It’s society who’s ugly.
Do not be categorized by society's standards of beauty. You are beautiful as long as you believe it within yourself. Do not accept to be defined by worldly standards.
- It’s nice to be included in people’s fantasies but you also like to be accepted for your own sake.
Be careful not to be carried away by other people's fantasies. Instead, strive to find self-acceptance and others will follow suit.
- Sweetie, if you’re going to be two-faced, at least make one of them pretty.
It is better to be known by one particular character. Avoid being two-faced as it is added baggage to both the world and to you. If you must have two faces, then make sure none of them has an ugly side.
- Be real, be yourself, be unique, be true, be honest, be humble, be happy.
Choose the virtues that make you a better person and you will never go wrong when dealing with people.
- Everyone’s a star and deserves the right to twinkle.
Every human being has their strengths and talents that outshine us. We should all support each other in bringing out the stars inside us. Remember, you so not lose anything when you light someone else's candle.
- The way you carry yourself is influenced by the way you feel inside. You must feel attractive to be attractive.
What you think of yourself inside always manifests on the outside. Be kind to yourself.
Marilyn Monroe quotes are powerful and striking. They talk about issues that present-day generations can relate to and understand. They will leave you reflecting on different issues about life.