2019 has been the year of new phone releases and the Chinese company, Guangdong OPPO Mobile Telecommunications Corp., Ltd has not been left behind. The new Oppo A11 is among the 2019 smartphones that the company has released and is planning on launching before the year ends.
Chinese companies usually have some incredible and top-notch phones. So, is the upcoming Oppo A11 a good phone? What are the features and specifications that the phone's buyers should expect?
Oppo A11 overview
Listed below are the advantages and disadvantages of the handset.
- Large display
- A microSD expansion slot of up to 256GB.
- Scratch-resistant glass
- Dual SIM-enabled
- Multiple cameras
- Massive battery capacity, 5000mAh
- No standout features as compared to other 2019 releases
- Does not have the latest processor in the market
- No fast charging
When is the Oppo A11 release date?
The handset went on sale in China on October 17th but it seems that the Chinese company wishes to end the year by making the handset available to the rest of the world. As at the moment, the device's release date is expected to be on 31st December 2019.
Oppo A11 specs
These are Oppo A11 details:
- Status - Released in China alone
- Dimensions - 163.6 x 75.6 x 9.1 mm (6.44 x 2.98 x 0.36 in)
- Display - IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Screen size - 6.5 inches
- Resolution - 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~270 ppi density)
- Operating system - Android 9.0 (Pie); ColorOS 6.0
- Internal memory - 64GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM, 256GB 6GB RAM
- SD card slot - Yes. Memory can be expanded up to 256 GB
- Camera - Four back cameras, 12MP + 8MP + 2MP + 2MP
- Front/Selfie camera - 8MP
- USB - 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors - Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity and compass
- Battery - Non-removable 5,000mAh Li-Po, battery charging 10W
Oppo A11 hardware
Some of the outstanding features of this handset are its massive battery capacity, quad rear cameras as well as beautiful colours.
The handset features a four-sided curved back panel and a fingerprint sensor right below the primary camera module. It has four back cameras as well as minimal bezels due to a smaller waterdrop notch above the screen
The new Oppo A11 has a 6.5 inch IPS LCD display with a waterdrop notch. It offers 720 x 1600 pixels HD+ resolution. It has a 20.9 ratio and a PPI density of 270. When it comes to screen brightness, the device will reach up to 480 nits at its maximum.
We all know that sometimes, the deciding factor in which phone to get is usually the colours that the handset comes in. Instead of going with usual colours such as black and plain white, Oppo chose to have the phones come in Purple, Lake Green and Cloud White.
Processor, storage and overall performance of the handset
Any tech and phone lover knows that the processor is the most important part of any device. The A11 will be powered by a Qualcomm SDM665 Snapdragon 665 (11 nm) chipset. Its CPU is octa-core (4x2.0 GHz Kryo 260 Gold & 4x1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Silver).
In terms of memory, the Android phone has a ROM of either 64, 128 or 256GB. If this space is not enough for you, do not despair. The device has a microSD card slot that allows you to expand your storage space up to 256 GB.
Oppo A11 battery life
The Oppo A11 handset will join other incredible phones with the best and biggest battery life in the market at the moment. Phones with 5000mAh battery are known to give up to two full days of life in between charges to those who do not spend a lot of time on their phones.
Phones like the Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro promise that after hours of intense gaming, the user can still expect 21% of power to remain on the handset. The Xiaomi handset has a 4000mAh battery so you can only imagine what the A11 battery can do for you. Another amazing feature is that the device supports reverse charging.
Speakers and call quality
When it comes to speakers, the A11 has some incredible specs. It has a loudspeaker and stereo speakers for an even better sound boost. Just like the iPhone 11, its sound system and quality are supported by Dolby Atmos sound.
The handset also has a 3.5mm jack with 24-bit/192kHz audio and active noise cancellation with a dedicated mic.
How impressive is the phone's software?
Operating system and features
With rumours of Android 10 already launching, one would expect that new Android devices would come with this new version. Sadly, the handset will have Android 9 (Pie) with ColorOS 6.0. The Pie version offers great features such as:
- Gesture navigation
- Shush feature - Which helps put your phone to “Do Not Disturb” mode by simply flipping the screen down. This disables all sounds, lights, and vibrations except emergency calls
- Adaptive battery - Using AI techniques, the OS is able to detect and understand which apps the user is most likely to use and help improve battery percentage by 30%
- New volume and screenshot interface
- Display rotation
Among many other advantages.
Oppo A11 camera, video, and image quality
While some people are still struggling with two cameras and others are getting excited by three cameras, the A11 manufactures decided to up the game by having four rear cameras. The megapixels are; 12 MP for the main camera as well as 8MP + 2MP + 2MP for the accompanying lenses. Further specifications on these lenses are:
- 12 MP - A wide-angle lens that offers a 119-degree field of view
- 8 MP - An ultra-wide-angle camera
- 2 MP and 2 MP - One of these will serve as a monochrome shooter while the other one will have a depth sensor for portrait shots
These lenses will also support 1080p video shooting, night view 2.0, electronic image stabilization (EIS), and more.
Oppo A11 price in Nigeria
When the handset first launched in China, the price was 1,499 Yuan. As at now, the price is still the same on the Opposhop website. At today's stock market, this sum converts to N77,320. So, if anyone wishes to import the handset from China, make sure you have at least N80,000 so as to cover for shipping costs as well as tax.
If anyone is curious about Oppo A11 price Jumia, we cannot say how much sellers will be selling the phone at once it is officially in the country. Since the handset is not available worldwide yet, it would be hard to determine its price. At the moment, all that is available on the website are mobile accessories.
If you really want this device and you have the patience, the best option for you would be to order directly from the official Oppo website in China.
The Oppo A11 features, while good, are nothing to write home about. 2019 has seen the launch and release of some mind-blowing devices. In light of this, the A11 handset falls short. Its processor and Android version are not the latest in the market and neither does it support the coveted fast charging feature.
Despite its shortcomings, it has some of the most beautiful colours seen on smartphones today. Oppo A11 battery price are also top of the line and quite fair respectively. If you do not spend a lot of time on your phone and do not wish to use this handset for creative purposes e.g. high-quality pictures and videos, then the new Oppo A11 is the phone for you.