- Boko Haram and Islamic State of West Africa Province terrorists are beginning to relocate to north and central Africa
- This was revealed by Sagir Musa, the acting director,of Nigerian Army public relations, on Thursday, September 19, in Abuja
- Musa said that this is as a result of the joint efforts of the troops of Nigerian Army and Multinational Joint Task Force (MNJTF) in northern Nigeria
The Nigerian Army has said that there is observed massive exodus of Boko Haram and Islamic State of West Africa Province (ISWAP) terrorists out of their hideout in Lake Chad Tumbus to north and central Africa sub-regions.
Colonel Sagir Musa, the acting director of Nigeria Army public relations, disclosed this in a statement on Thursday, September 19, in Abuja, The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports.
Musa said that the combined onslaught by the troops of Nigerian Army and Multinational Joint Task Force (MNJTF) in the region on the identified hideouts of the terrorist was responsible for their exodus.
He said that there were credible reports from very reliable sources, indicating massive movements of the criminal groups out of the area towards Sudan and Central African Republic.
This, according to him, is as a result of successful artillery and aerial bombardments of their settlements and as the heat of the onslaught is becoming unbearable.
Musa said: “This mass movement for their lives was necessitated by the sustained air and artillery bombardments by the Nigerian Armed forces and coalition forces of the MNJTF, which killed uncountable number of the terrorists and destroyed their weapons and equipment."
The army spokesperson disclosed that the various national troops and the MNJTF were maintaining aggressive patrols and blocking positions against infiltration by the escaping criminals.
He said it was important to note that most of the Tumbus were located along the Quadrangular borders of Cameroon, Chad, Niger Republic and Nigeria.
“To further annihilate the fleeing terrorists, efforts are ongoing for continued shelling, bombardment and pursuits.
“Similarly, the countries in these sub-regions have also been contacted through the MNJTF headquarters,“ he said.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng reported that the Nigerian Army had debunked reports of a plan by Boko Haram terrorists to carry out deadly attacks in certain areas and key facilities in Maiduguri, Borno state so as to inflict casualty and cause panic among Nigerians.
In a Facebook post, the deputy director of Army public relations, Colonel Ado Isa, assured the public that necessary measures had been put in place to checkmate the criminals purported evil plans.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng: Same great journalism, upgraded for better service!
Zaria Massacre: IMN Commemorates 3rd Year Anniversary | Legit TV