Confidence and an undying spirit are two attributes that have significantly contributed to the success of Dove Cameron. She is a talented actress who does not shy away from expressing her authentic self. The outgoing actress is also not afraid of trying out new things in life. In the entertainment industry, she is best known for starring as Mal in Descendants. She has also featured in many other television shows and movies.
Dove Cameron was born on the 15th of January 1996 in Seattle, Washington, United States of America. Dove Cameron real name is Chloe Celeste Hosterman. Her father's name is Philip Alan Hosterman, while Bonnie Wallace is the name of her mother. Her nationality is American, her ancestry is mixed, and her Zodiac sign is Capricorn. How old is Dove Cameron? Currently, she is 23 years old.
- Name: Chloe Celeste Hosterman (commonly known as Dove Cameron)
- Date of birth: 15th of January 1996
- Current age: 23 years
- Place of birth: Seattle, Washington, United States of America
- Father: Philip Alan Hosterman
- Mother: Bonnie Wallace
- Sibling: Claire Hosterman (older sister)
- Zodiac sign: Capricorn
- Nationality: American
- Ancestry: French-Russian-Slovak-Hungarian
- Height: 5 feet 2 inches (1.57 metres/ 157 centimetres)
- Weight: 52 kilograms (115 lbs)
- Eye colour: Green
- Hair colour: Blonde
- Dress size: 4 (U.S.)
- Shoe size: 7 (U.S.)
- Measurements: 33-24-32
- Alma mater: Bainbridge Performing Arts, Burbank High School
- Profession: Actress, singer
Dove Cameron family background
Dove Cameron was born in a family of two children. She has an older sister named Claire Hosterman. Her parents, who later got divorced, raised both her and Claire in Bainbridge Island, Washington. Dove Cameron and her family moved to Los Angeles, California, United States of America when she was 14 years old. The actress comes from French ancestry. She also has roots in Russia, Slovakia and Hungary. Her ethnicity, therefore, is French-Russian-Slovak-Hungarian.
The actress lost her dad when she was 15 years old. Before his demise, Philip Alan Hosterman often called her by the nickname, Dove. After his death, the actress changed her name to Dove to honour her late father. She adopted the name legally.
As a young child, Dove enrolled at Sakai Intermediate School. Dove Cameron age was only eight years when she started acting at Bainbridge Performing Arts, a community theatre in her locality. After her family relocated to Los Angeles, the actress went to Burbank High School where she sang in the choir.
The actress reported that she was continuously bullied when she was in school, right from the second grade to high school. She did not have any friends at the time. Although there was a lot of pressure in school to fit in, she was determined to become a successful woman in the entertainment industry. To cope with the bullying, she immersed herself in acting and singing.
Dove Cameron height and measurements
The actress stands at a height of 5 feet 2 inches (1.57 metres/ 157 centimetres). Dove Cameron hot body is of slim build. She weighs about 52 kilograms (115 lbs). Her bust, waist and hip measurements are 33, 24 and 32 inches, respectively. She has beautiful green eyes and blonde hair. Dove wears size seven shoes in American sizes, and her dress size is four.
Dove started her acting career at a young age. She played the role of young Cosette in Les Miserables, a stage performance at Bainbridge Performings Arts. The following year, she had a lead role in the production, Mary in The Secret Garden, at the same theatre. Since then, she has starred in different movies, television shows and stage performances.
The actress has starred in the following television shows;
- Shameless (2012): She featured in this television show as Holly Herkimer in two episodes. These were A Beautiful Mess and Father's Day.
- The Mentalist (2012): She acted as Charlotte Anne Jane in the episode, Devil's Cherry.
- Malibu Country (2013): Dove acted as Sienna in the episode, Push Comes to Shove.
- Liv and Maddie (2013-2017): She acted as the twins, Liv Rooney and Maddie Rooney in the series. Her duo roles were also the lead roles in the show. Before the show became Liv and Maddie, the Disney production team had named it Bits and Pieces. The actress featured as Alanna on Bits and Pieces. After the pilot, it was changed to Liv and Maddie, and Dove got the dual role of the twins. Liv and Maddie made its debut on the 19th of July 2013 and premiered later. The show had an extensive viewership and was approved for the more seasons which aired in the subsequent years.
- Cloud 9 (2014): She starred as Kayla Morgan in this television film.
- Austin & Ally (2014): The actress starred as Bobbie in the episode, Duos & Deception.
- Descendants (2015): She played the role of Mal in this television film.
- Descendants: Wicked World (2015-2017): She was the voice of Mal on the show.
- Hairspray Live! (2016): Amber Von Tussle was her character in this live production by NBC.
- Ultimate Spider-Man vs. the Sinister 6 (2016): She was the voice actress of Gwen Stacy / Spider-Gwen and the police officer.
- Project Runway (2017): She featured as a judge in the first episode.
- Descendants 2 (2017): She starred as Mal in this television film.
- The Lodge (2017): She acted as Jess in four episodes.
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (2018): The actress had a recurring role as Ruby Hale in the fifth season of this show.
- Marvel Rising: Initiation (2018): She was the voice of Ghost-Spider.
- Angie Tribeca (2018): She starred as Grace in the episode, Glitch Perfect.
- Under the Sea: A Descendants Story (2018): She acted as Mal in this short television film.
- Celebrity Family Feud (2019): Dove made an appearance as a contestant on the show.
- Descendants 3 (2019): She portrayed the character of Mal.
- Marvel Rising: Chasing Ghosts (2019): She was the voice of Ghost-Spider.
The actress has starred in the following movies;
- Barely Lethal (2015): She portrayed the role of Liz Larson.
- R.L. Stine's Monsterville: Cabinet of Souls (2015): She acted as Beth.
- Dumplin' (2018): She acted as Bekah Cotter in this Netflix original movie.
- The Angry Birds Movie 2 (2019): She was the voice of Ella.
Dove has also featured in stage shows. These include;
- Mamma Mia! (2017): She portrayed the role of Sophie Sheridan.
- Clueless: The Musical (2018-2019): She was Cher Horowitz in this Off-Broadway show.
- The Light in the Piazz (2019): She acted as Clara Johnson.
In addition to acting, Dove is a gifted singer. Her vocals are fantastic. She entered into a recording contract with Disruptor Records in 2018. In her career as a singer, she has released soundtrack albums, singles and even videos. These are;
- On Top of the World (2013): This song was in the album, Liv and Maddie. Imagine Dragons originally sang the song.
- Better in Stereo (2013): This song was also in the Liv and Maddie album.
- Cloud 9 (2014): She collaborated with Luke Benward on this song that featured on the album, Disney Channel Play It Loud.
- Count Me In (2014): The song was in the Liv and Maddie album.
- You, Me and the Beat (2014): This was also in the Liv and Maddie album.
- If Only (2015): She was the lead artist in this single that featured on the album, Descendants.
- What a Girl Is (2015): She released this song in 2015, and it is featured on the Liv and Maddie album as well.
- Genie in a Bottle (2016): She released the song in 2016. It was not in any album.
- I'm Your Girl (2016): She featured Sofia Carson on this song.
- Rather Be With You (2016): This song was in the album, Descendants 2. The song also featured Sofia Carson, Brenna D'Amico and Lauryn McClain.
- One Second Chance (2016): This promotional single featured Lauren Donzis.
- Evil (2016): The song was on the album, Descendants 2.
- Power of Two (2017): She did the song together with Lauren Donzis.
- My Destiny (2017): This was a non-album single.
- Key of Life (2017): The song was also a non-album single.
- Ways to Be Wicked (2017): She was the lead artist in this song that was part of the Descendants 2 album. The song also featured Sofia Carson, Booboo Stewart and the late Cameron Boyce.
- Born Ready (2018): This song featured on the album, Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors.
- Stronger (2018): She was the lead artist in this non-album single. The song was done together with China Anne McClain.
- Good to Be Bad (2019): This is one of the songs in the Descendants 3 album. The song was done in collaboration with Sofia Carson, Jadah Marie, Booboo Stewart, Anna Cathcart and the late Cameron Boyce.
Nominations and awards
Dove, a gifted singer and actress, has been a nominee for different awards, some of which she won. Her nominations and awards include;
Daytime Emmy Awards
- In 2018, she was the winner of the award of Outstanding Performer in a Children's, Preschool Children's or Educational and Informational Program for playing the dual roles of Liv Rooney and Maddie Rooney on the show, Liv and Maddie.
Kids' Choice Awards, U.S.A.
- In 2016, she was nominated for the award of Favorite T.V. Actress for her role in Liv and Maddie.
- In 2017, she was nominated for the award of Favourite Female T.V. Star for her work in Liv and Maddie.
MTV Movie + TV Awards
- In 2017, she was nominated, among several other celebrities, for the award of Best Musical Moment for her participation in Hairspray Live!
Teen Choice Awards
- In 2014, the actress was nominated for the award of Choice T.V. Breakout Star: Female for her role in Liv and Maddie.
- In 2015 and 2016, she was nominated for the award of Choice T.V. Actress: Comedy for her work in Liv and Maddie.
Dove Cameron net worth
Dove earns her money through acting and singing. Her current net worth is estimated to be $3 million.
Who is Dove Cameron dating?
Dove Cameron dating life is something that her fans are always curious about. The actress and singer was formerly in a romantic relationship with Ryan McCartan. Dove Cameron boyfriend at the time, Ryan, was her co-star on Liv and Maddie. The duo dated from August 2013 and announced that they were engaged in April 2016. They called off the engagement in October that year.
Currently, Thomas Doherty and Dove Cameron are in a relationship. Thomas and Dove are Descendants co-stars.
Dove Cameron and Thomas Doherty started dating in December 2016 and have been together to date. Are Dove Cameron Thomas Doherty wedding bells ringing? Well, not yet, but we will update you as soon as the couple announces any new developments in the relationship.
READ ALSO: David Hedison bio: wife, net worth, movies and TV shows
Dove Cameron plastic surgery
There are allegations that the actress and singer has been under the knife a few times to enhance her looks. However, she is yet to confirm these claims. She says that her stunning looks are the result of well-done makeup. However, Dove Cameron before surgery pictures are notably different from how she looks today.
What procedures has she undergone so far? Fans love, support and appreciate Dove for who she truly is. Regardless of any plastic surgery procedures, she is a beautiful and loveable person whose imprint in the American entertainment industry cannot be overlooked. According to the ongoing claims that she is yet to confirm or dismiss, these are the procedures she has allegedly undergone;
- Rhinoplasty: In the past, the actress had a thicker nose. Presently, her nose is more pointed. It is believed that she achieved her perfect nose through a rhinoplasty procedure.
- Lip Fillers: Dove Cameron lips are more prominent and fuller now compared to the past when she had thin lips. Fans believe that she has received lip filler injections to attain her plump lips.
- Chest Implants: In the entertainment industry, a large chest is valuable and desirable. Many Hollywood celebrities have undergone chest area enhancement procedures. Although her body may have changed due to puberty, it is believed that Dove has had a chest enhancement procedure to have a fuller bust.
Presence on social media
Dove is active on different social media platforms. She has an Instagram account with over 30.2 million followers and a Twitter account with at least 1.65 million followers. She also had a Facebook page that has over 1.4 million followers. From these pages, fans see her gorgeous photos and get updates about the fun activities that she does.
Dove Cameron is a young and talented actress from America. Her fans know her best as Mal in Descendants and for her dual role in Liv and Maddie. Besides acting, she is also a fantastic singer who has released several promotional singles and soundtracks.
- Quentin Tarantino bio: age, net worth, wife
- Emilia Clarke bio: age, height, net worth, boyfriend, movies