Lewis Carroll is an English writer who immortalized his name with fairy tales about a girl who believed in wonders. Curiosity brought her first to an underground country, where surprises and fantastic characters awaited her, and then through the looking-glass, where she had a lot of adventures. It does not matter whether you are a fan of the book or not, you will love these best Alice in Wonderland quotes.
These Alice in Wonderland quotes are wiser than anybody can even expect. You will not only return to the magic world again but also will learn wise thoughts for inspiration and maybe even motivation.
Best Alice in Wonderland quotes
The tales of L. Carroll about Alice have long been the heritage of world culture. Their fate is unique: they had been written for children but have become classic literature for adults. Are you ready to learn the wise and at the same time the most insane Alice in Wonderland quotes which will become your guide through the magical world?
- "Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?" "That depends a good deal on where you want to get to," — said the Cat. "I don't much care where", — said Alice. "Then it doesn’t matter which way you go," said the Cat." — so long as I get SOMEWHERE," — Alice added as an explanation. "Oh, you’re sure to do that," — said the Cat, — "if you only walk long enough."
READ ALSO: 70 best emotional quotes and sayings
- "Have I gone mad? I’m afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usually are." – The Mad Hatter
- "But I don't want to go among mad people," — Alice remarked. "Oh, you can't help that," — said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad." "How do you know I'm mad?" — said Alice. "You must be," — said the Cat, — "or you wouldn't have come here."
- "what you would seem to be"— or if you'd like it put more simply—"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
- "Tut, tut, child!" — said the Duchess. — "Everything's got a moral, if only you can find it."
- "Take some more tea," — the March Hare said to Alice, very earnestly. "I've had nothing yet," — Alice replied in an offended tone, — "so I can't take more." "You mean you can't take less," — said the Hatter: "it’s very easy to take more than nothing." "Nobody asked your opinion," — said Alice.
- "If everybody minded their own business, the world would go around a great deal faster than it does." – The Duchess
- "I don't think…" – said Alice. "Then you shouldn't talk," – said the Hatter.
- "I think I should understand that better," Alice said very politely, "`if I had it written down: but I can’t quite follow it as you say it."
- "That’s nothing to what I could say if I chose," the Duchess replied, in a pleased tone.
- "Pray don't trouble yourself to say it any longer than that," – said Alice.
- "How long is forever?" – asked Alice. "Sometimes, just one second."– responded White Rabbit.
- "Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!"– The Queen of Hearts
- "Be what you would seem to be"— or if you'd like it put more simply —"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise." – The Duchess.
- "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?" — Alice
- "I could tell you my adventures – beginning from this morning," said Alice a little timidly: “but it’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.’"
- "Dear, dear! How quеer everything is to-day! And yesterday things went on just as usual. I wonder if I've been changed in the night? Let me think: was I the same when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I'm not the same, the next question is, Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle!"
- “I can’t explain myself, I’m afraid, sir,” – said Alice, – “because I’m not myself, you see.”
- “Unimportant, of course, I meant,”– the King hastily said, and went on to himself in an undertone, "important—unimportant—unimportant—important—" as if he were trying which word sounded best.
- "I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it." – Alice
- "Why, sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." – The Queen of Hearts
- "The executioner's argument was that you couldn't cut of something's head unless there was a trunk to sever it from. He'd never done anything like that in his time of life, and wasn't going to start now. The King's argument was that anything that had a head, could be bеheaded, and you weren't to talk nonsense. The Queen's argument was that if something wasn't done about it in less than no time, she'd have everyone bеheaded all round. It was this last argument that had everyone looking so nervous and uncomfortable."
- "How puzzling all these changes are! I’m never sure what I’m going to be, from one minute to another." – Alice
- "I almost wish I hadn't gone down that rabbit-hole—and yet—and yet—it's rather curious, you know, this sort of life!" – Alice
- "Curiouser and curiouser!" – cried Alice
Alice in Wonderland quotes will take you back to your childhood, help you to believe in a fairy tale and awaken the spirit of adventurism and thirst for adventure. In these lines, there are life wisdom and love for everything that goes beyond what is possible.
READ ALSO: Top 50 funny food quotes for food lovers