We often hear some quotes about fear. Fear is quite common in our life, that is why since ancient times, people tried to understand its nature. In this article, we refer to scriptures and famous people quotes for a better understanding of the sense of fear. Our list contains a lot of answers and useful pieces of advice!
Here we prepared for you the list of quotes about fear from such Scriptures as the Bible and Quran; we also refer to famous people and their understanding of fearfulness. These are reliable sources, so it is time to find out more!
Bible quotes about fear
- The Lord is my light and my salvation — whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life— of whom shall I be afraid? — Psalm 27:1
- For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you. Do not be afraid, for I myself will help you,’ declares the Lord, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel. — Isaiah 41:13-14
- Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is kept safe. — Proverbs 29:25
- So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. — Isaiah 41:10
It's a trap to promote toxic behavior - Toke Makinwa speaks on finding closure from broken relationships (video)
READ ALSO: 30 best short Bible verses for inspiration
- There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. — 1 John 4:18
- Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. — Psalm 23:4
- For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. — 2 Timothy 1:7
- But now, this is what the Lord says…Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. — Isaiah 43:1
- The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and he delivers them. — Psalm 34:7
- And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow — not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. — Romans 8:38-39
As you see these Bible quotes on fear inspires a believer to rely on God, and the faith can become the best mean to overcome any fearful feelings.
Quran verses about fear
- Those who believe, and do deeds of righteousness, and establish regular prayers and regular charity, will have their reward with their Lord: on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve. — 2: 277
- And We had enjoined upon those who were given the Scripture before – as well as yourselves – to fear God. — 4:131
- And My mercy encompasses all things, and I shall decree it for those who fear Me. — 7:156
- (He) Who has fed them against hunger, and has made them safe from fear. — 106:4
- It is only the Evil One that suggests to you the fear of his votaries: Be ye not afraid of them, but fear Me, if ye have Faith. — 3:175
- ….be sure that Allah is your Protector – the best to protect and the best to help. — 8:40
- O ye who believe! Persevere in patience and constancy; vie in such perseverance; strengthen each other; and fear Allah. that ye may prosper. — 3:200
- Allah is the Protector of those who have faith: from the depths of darkness He will lead them forth into light. — 2:257
- Take not (for worship) two gods: for He is just One Allah. then fear Me (and Me alone). — 16:51
- That ye should worship Allah, fear Him and obey me. — 71:3
Quran quotes also recommend to rely on God, the Scripture also says that only God worth to be afraid.
Famous quotes about fear
- One of the greatest discoveries a man makes, one of his great surprises, is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn’t do. — Henry Ford
- I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear. — Nelson Mandela
- Fear has its use, but cowardice has none. — Mahatma Gandhi
- If you look into your own heart, and you find nothing wrong there, what is there to worry about?What is there to fear? — Confucius
- “Fear is the thief of dreams. — Brian Krans
- We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. — Plato
- The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time. — Mark Twain
- There are two basic motivating forces: fear and love. When we are afraid, we pull back from life. When we are in love, we open to all that life has to offer with passion, excitement, and acceptance. — John Lennon
- “There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure. — Paulo Coelho
- “If you try to get rid of fear and anger without knowing their meaning, they will grow stronger and return. — Deepak Chopra
BREAKING: Edo 2020: Oshiomhole finally breaks silence, reveals why he was moved to tears on election day
These quotes show you a different understanding of fear, famous people from different ages and cultures had their own attitude to that feeling. All of them tell us about the methods to overcome this negative state.
Fear is the feeling that is well known for everyone. We face this sense in our everyday life, sometimes fearfulness helps us to avoid some dangerous situations; in other cases, it can bring us unnecessary worries and anxiety.
A lot depends on how we handle the feeling of fear. We hope that our quotes about fear will help you to find a new understanding of that sense. It is known that understanding reduces the sense of fear, so we are sure that these quotes will be helpful to you.
READ ALSO: Bible verses about fear