Many pregnant women keep asking: are there any sugarcane benefits in pregnancy? Is it safe to drink sugarcane juice while being pregnant? Is it useful for the baby and are there any side effects? Let’s take a look at the positive and negative effects of this juice.
Sugarcane juice benefits for pregnant women
Being pregnant means thinking about two bodies at once and composing a menu for two bodies at a time. Everything a woman eats or drinks should be useful to her and her baby. Useful from the point of view of health and pleasant for the future mother as her pleasant emotions are pleasant for the baby, too.
It’s a known fact that eating much fruits and vegetables is good for any new mom (except the ones that cause her discomfort or allergic reactions). Sugarcane is a plant that is very juicy. Is it healthy and safe for moms-to-be?
Here are several benefits of sugarcane juice that are obviously important for pregnant women:
- Sugarcane contains a lot of protein
Proteins are building material that creates all the cells in our bodies. Without enough proteins in food, both mother and her baby may suffer greatly.
- Sugarcane juice is a perfect laxative
Pregnant women often suffer from constipation. It’s a big problem because it can lead to hemorrhoids and release plenty of toxic compounds into the woman’s blood. Sugarcane juice can naturally remove this problem and do it in a very mild way, without pains and discomfort.
- Sugarcane juice regulates bilirubin
Drinking sugarcane juice during pregnancy a woman can help her liver function normally. Liver is one of those organs that endure a double load during pregnancy. Helping it and keeping the level of blood bilirubin normal is one of the most useful effects of this juice during pregnancy.
- Sugarcane juice is able to strengthen the immune system
It’s an important thing for a future mother who definitely doesn’t want to suffer from infections during her pregnancy. However, this effect is the reason why it’s better to avoid the juice during early pregnancy stages. The strong immune system may cause miscarriage due to the conflict of the mother’s body and the fetus.
READ ALSO: Health benefits of cashew fruit in pregnancy
- Sugarcane juice can give energy
Sugarcane juice can boost your energy during the pregnancy, exactly if you experience fatigue often. What’s more, this energy is exactly what you need: sugarcane juice has a low glycemic index (a relatively low one) and it’s allowed even for diabetic mothers in small amounts every now and then. This juice is something that can sustain your energy level at a necessary point without giving you a strong leap of blood sugar.
- Sugarcane can help you control your weight
Pregnant women often gain too much weight because of the slowed down metabolism. This weight is quite difficult to loose after delivery and it can also be a big problem during the pregnancy. Sugarcane juice is able to speed up metabolism and thus help you control the weight you are gaining.
- Sugarcane juice can help you fight nausea
Morning sickness is one of the main problems pregnant women suffer. At later stages, such sickness can even be dangerous as a symptom of a heavy disorder. A little sugarcane juice with a drop of ginger can fight nausea and prevent morning sickness in most cases of non-complicated pregnancy.
- Sugarcane juice can save your hair and skin
Pregnant women often lose a lot of hair due to the fact that their bodies direct all the necessary minerals and elements to the fetus. Hair loss is one of the most disturbing cosmetic problems pregnant women experience. Skin often suffers, too, because pregnancy makes it prone to dermatitis of different types, autoimmune diseases, and many other problems.
Sugarcane juice can help you give your skin and hair everything they need to stay healthy, attractive and strong during the hard time of pregnancy.
Sugarcane side effects to remember
Sugarcane juice also has precautions to keep in mind, especially if you are pregnant.
- Always drink this juice immediately after it’s made. After some time, the stale juice can cause heavy food poisoning. Besides that, always drink only juice prepared in a tidy surrounding
- Always ask for your doctor’s recommendations and precautions when starting to eat something during pregnancy. Make sure it’s safe for you and only then start to consume it
- If you are diabetic, make sure that your doctor allows you to drink sugarcane juice. The point is that some people do better with it and others can develop additional problems
- Always know the ultimate amount for you from all points of view. No matter how well you digest this juice, it’s better to stick to moderate amounts to avoid side effects
How to make sugarcane juice?
You need to have a special machine that will crash the sugar cane and squeeze the juice out of it. Then, it’s necessary to strain it and here it is!
So, enjoying sugarcane juice during pregnancy is not forbidden if you know that it’s completely safe for you.
READ ALSO: Zobo drink and breastfeeding: is it safe?