What are dinner gowns in Nigeria? These are luxurious dresses Nigerian women wear for special occasions like parties or weddings. Such gowns are mostly long and extremely beautiful with lots of decorative elements like lace, embroidery, rhinestones, and many others. There are many styles of dinner gowns in Nigeria and most of them are really cool.
BellaNaija dinner gowns of Nigerian celebrities and foreign stars
To have an idea of the brightest and loveliest styles of dinner gowns that are popular today, let’s take a look at the BellaNaija's list of the most impressive dinner gowns displayed by Nigerian celebrities at some awards ceremony.
- Ivie Okujaye and her bright orange dress with black accessories and an interesting chest opening. The construction of the skirt deserves a separate word because the folds around the side opening create an interesting effect of waves
READ ALSO: Yoruba introduction dressing for ladies
- Nana Akua Addo dressed in a blindingly perfect gown of a cappuccino color is a real sensation. The immense skirt decorated with applique and rhinestones is something incredible and the design of the dress makes a princess out of any woman
- The dress shown by Rukky Sanda is a crimson red masterpiece of a mermaid fashion, which exaggerates the beauty of her womanly curves. The open shoulders, elegant shoulder straps and long sleeves make the look really incredible
- Somkele Idhalama sports something really outstanding. The silky dress of a soft and deep wine color exposes one shoulder and one leg on the opposite side of the body and looks absolutely fabulous with the long tail and folds of fabric at one side
- Lira demonstrates a yolk-yellow gown with a pastel yellow trail, a wide shiny belt and intricate embroidery on the chest. The fashion is antique and quite simple but the colors make it look fresh and evergreen with its exposed back and shiny accessories. This is one of the best dinner gowns spotted on celebrities recently
- Beverly Naya in her peplum-style dress made out of ink-black fabrics looks fabulous, doesn’t she? The delicate floral embroidery that decorates the waist area is just so lovely. The bare back completes the smoking hot and elegant look
- Sika Osei is gorgeous in this delicate semi-transparent organza dress of a powder color. The careless decorations on the top and the deep neck opening make the dress a real eye catcher and a very attractive choice for a special occasion
- Lilian Afegbai could hardly have chosen something that would match her better. The emerald green sheath dress with long sleeves and exposed shoulders is a real finding for her body shape and skin tone. A couple of bright earrings is enough to complete the elegant look
- Adesua Etomi, one of the prettiest women in Nigeria, is worth the best Nigerian dinner gowns. Her immensely delicate and feminine dress looks like a cloud of pale pink flowers. The dark pink straps under the chest and on the shoulders increase the likeness to a perfect bouquet of delicious flowers
- Zainab Balogun wears something really unique here. The golden-brown gown of a so-called “French length” is accompanied by a surprisingly lovely and very interesting frilled corselet made out of plain brown fabric. The sparkling elegant look is guaranteed!
- Toni Tones’ princess-like purple dress causes an irresistible desire to touch it! The skirt is the main accent of the look with its amazing surface and color changes. The tight top part clings to the slender body creating an absolutely Disney chic!
- Hauwa Allahbura’s yellow gown with a heart shape on the chest is an absolute legend. The shiny pieces create a stunning effect and their magical pink disco glow looks fantastic. Another eye-catching feature of the dress is the way the yellow fabric is draped at the sides
- Ufuoma McDermott looks blindingly beautiful in her blue gown with a brocade ornament.
- Toyin Abraham’s powder colored lace princess dress looks so cute on her that she needs really few accessories to complete the look. The belt with a decoration at the front makes her look like a real princess who has fled from a sunny and happy fairy tale
- Makida Moka’s gown is absolutely unusual. Practically transparent in the top part and exposing a great deal of her body up to her hips, the dress eventually turns into several layers of frills at the bottom. The deep color increases the sense of a hot night and passion
- Dorcas Shola Fapson looks like a real queen in this tight black dress with a stunning decoration. The matte surface of the fabric looks so soft to the touch but the big lace piece with golden flowers ruins the wholeness and blackness with its shining lightness
- Chioma Akpotha chooses a black dress with silver silk embroidered applique, which forms the top layer of the dress. The huge intricately stitched flowers and leaves cling to her skin, creating a 3D effect of volume and movement
- Minnie Dlamini knows well that a little black dress never fails. Black is among the latest dinner gown trends together with simplicity.
- Idia Aisien’s blue and white dress makes her look like a porcelain statuette. The shiny blue particles on the fabric give the dress some absolute party glow. The deep opening at the chest and a tall opening for her left leg make the look extremely hot and attractive
- Ini Dima-Okojie has chosen to look like a rosebud turned upside down. Her tender pale pink dress with lovely frills and a big skirt looks so fine and tender that it’s not necessary to add many accessories to complete the look
Well, now you have a pretty good idea of how the best dinner gowns in Nigeria look. The trends are numerous but the major ones involve floor-length skirts in the majority of cases. There are two most popular styles: the ones that remind of Disney princesses and sheath gowns, which cling to the body and give accent to all the attractive curves and lines of a woman’s body.