6 things Nigerians must remember about PDP - Deputy Senate President Ike Ekweremadu
- The Deputy Senate President has urged Nigerians to always remember that the country was in good shape before power was handed over to APC
- Ike Ekweremadu said the Supreme Court judgement in favour of the party was ordained by God
- He said the PDP was able to secure its victory at the apex court due to God's interest in the development of Nigeria
The Deputy Senate President Ike Ekweremadu has urged Nigerians to always remember that the country was in good shape before the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) handed over power to the ruling party All Progressives Congress (APC).
Ekweremadu while congratulating some of the party members present at the first PDP national caucus (expanded) meeting held in Abuja on Monday, July 17, said the Supreme Court judgement in favour of the party was ordained by God.
The Senate President said the party was able to secure its victory at the apex court due to God's interest in the development of Nigeria.
READ ALSO: Fulani herdsmen strike Rivers community, destroy crops and threaten villagers with guns and arrows
Ekweremadu said: "I believe that God gave us victory because he loves Nigeria; God has seen so much suffering in Nigeria and that is why he allowed us to win this battle."
The deputy Senate president further added that Nigerians should always remember the situation the PDP left the country.
Listing how stable the nation was before PDP handed over power to the APC, Ekweremadu said: "If Nigeria has short memory we must remind them that,"
1. We must remind Nigerians that PDP brought GSM to this country
2. We must remind Nigerians that we started the fight against corruption when we enacted the EFCC and the ICPC Act
3. We must tell Nigerians that by the time PDP left office that a dollar was N170 but today it is about N400
READ ALSO: Return to your states, quit being Abuja politicians - Fayose tells PDP members as he prays for APC's 'death' (photos)
4. We must tell Nigerians that we handed over to this government the fastest growing economy in Africa but today we are in recession; we are going from recession to destruction.
5. We must remind Nigerians that we almost defeated insurgency in the North-East, today it is still with us
6. When we were in power salaries we never being owed
Ekweremadu further called on PDP members never to relent but keep the faith as they work to strengthen the party.
PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 new app
"We will pursue them, we will overtake them and recover Nigeria from them. The time to work is now, we must not disappoint Nigerians; there is no time for bickering this is the time to mend fences and deliver the real change," he concluded.
Legit.ng had reported that the governor of Ekiti state Ayodele Fayose said it is important for the All Progressives Congress (APC) to cease existing in Nigeria.
Fayose while speaking at the PDP caucus meeting advised his party members to go back to their states and wards to ensure that PDP comes back stronger.
You can watch this Legit.ng video of the PDP national expanded caucus meeting in Abuja:
You can also watch this Legit.ng video of APC member lamenting on the party's leadership: