WWE Superstar Attacked by Fan from the Crowd After Defeating Finn Balor on Monday Night Raw

WWE Superstar Attacked by Fan from the Crowd After Defeating Finn Balor on Monday Night Raw

  • WWE fans were treated to drama after a supporter from the stands attacked wrestler Seth Rollins
  • Rollins had beaten Finn Balor and was heading back to the locker room when the man jumped a barricade and speared him to the floor
  • Security quickly restrained the man before cops arrested him, with Rollins describing the incident as scary

A WWE fan has been arrested after attacking wrestler Seth Rollins on Monday night Raw.

Seth Rollins was attacked by a fan.
A fan speared WWE superstar Seth Rollins after his match with Finn Balor. Photos: Seth Rollins and @kash_vL.
Source: UGC

A video of the attack has gone viral online and happened as Rollins fought Finn Balor at the Barclays Centre in New York.

Fans spears Rollins

Rollins had beaten Balor when a man jumped over the railing and speared the 35-year-old wrestler as he headed back to the locker room.

PAY ATTENTION: Subscribe to Digital Talk newsletter to receive must-know business stories and succeed BIG!

Read also

Reactions as helpless mother chases 2-year-old son who ran onto the pitch during crucial league game

The man was seen violently tackling Rollins to the ground as referees and security rushed to help him.

WWE officials confirmed the attack saying it was not fake and the man would be prosecuted.

"WWE takes the safety of its performers very seriously," WWE officials said.

The fan was taken into custody and charged with attempted assault and disrupting a live sporting event.

Rollins speaks

Speaking to TMZ after the incident, Rollins said he was terrified by the attacker. He expressed shock at the incident, saying the man should be banned from the show.

"It's terrifying, brother. It happened very quickly. I was mostly just reacting and hoping that our security would come and do their job.
Which they did very quickly. And then was just trying to detach and move on. Hope that everybody is okay,” he said.

The wrestler further asserted that he was not injured in the attack but refused to speak on whether he wanted the man to face the law.

Read also

Singer Konga narrates how he had accident, got robbed by 6 men, lost belongings and almost died in one night

"No, no serious injuries. Nothing like that. I was safe, we were safe. Everything was okay,” he said.

Usman retains UFC welterweight title following victory over Covington

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had earlier reported that Kamaru Usman was stretched to five rounds in his rematch with Colby Covington as he retained his UFC welterweight championship.

All three judges gave the fight of the Nigerian nightmare in his successful sixth defence of his welterweight crown.

Usman had a slight edge in the first round as he connected with a couple of jabs and defended Colby's attempted take-down.

In the second round, Usman scored a knocked down on Covington as his left punch floored the American who managed to finish the round.

Source: Legit

Online view pixel