- Lagos state traffic management authority (LASTMA) is very popular with many road users in the state, and it is an agency under the ministry of transportation.
- LASTMA was established in 2000 by former Bola Tinubu, the then governor of Lagos state, with the objective of maintaining the sanity of roads in the state.
- The agency’s mission is to promote a state-wide traffic regulation, management and control culture. It is to ensure smooth traffic flow of Lagos roads.
Since the establishment of LASTMA, it has arrested and fined road users found guilty of violating road rules and regulations.
Some major offences allowed the agency to seize traffic offenders' cars, trucks, and motorcycles.
Here are the 9 rules you must obey:
- Ensure your vehicle does not break down and obstruct traffic flow because this may lead to getting fined for obstruction and also paying the towing fee.
- Avoid indiscriminate parking, dropping off or stopping to pick up passengers on the highway.
- Always display reflective warning signs at the point of breakdown on the road.
- Drive your vehicle within restricted routes or dedicated lanes.
- Do not disobey traffic lights.
- Be civil and not disobey LASTMA officials.
- Avoid one-way driving.
- Ensure to keep to the right lane if your vehicle is moving slowly.
- Avoid making wrong U-turns.
PAY ATTENTION: Share your outstanding story with our editors! Please reach us through firstname.lastname@example.org!
Ignorance is not an excuse for the law
Note that ignorance of the law is not an excuse.
Any apprehended traffic offender has two options: payment of fine or accepting issuance of court referral.
Also, any traffic offender that feels he or she is not guilty of an offence can approach the court to defend himself.
Young lady tells traffic officer she likes him, gifts him rose for Val and cash, he blushes in cute video
Legit.ng earlier reported that a young Nigerian lady showed love to a Lagos traffic warden while he was on duty as she marked 2022 Valentine's Day.
The lady boldly approached the traffic warden, asking him to be her Val and expressed how she liked him.
To the man's surprise, after he consented, she gave him Valentine's rose as well as an undisclosed amount of money.