- Mrs Victoria Nwachukwu, a widow who lost property worth five million naira has threatened to take her life
- Reports indicate that the widow had lost her husband five years ago and moved to Imo state in 2000 with her three children
- Mrs Nwachukwu is calling on good Nigerians for assistance because she is suffering from depression due to the EndSARS protest
Ibadan, Oyo state- A widow, Mrs Victoria Nwachukwu, lost property valued at over five million naira during the vandalisation of property in the Iseyin community by hoodlums in the wake of the October 2020 #EndSARS protest has threatened to commit suicide if succour did not come her way.
Vanguard reports that she cried out for help from Nigerians, as she claimed she is depressed.
27-year-old Nigerian lady weds bedridden 45-year-old man, says she will love him to the end, photos wow many
Mrs Nwachukwu, who lost her husband, a former worker with Sterling Construction Company, about five years ago, had moved to the ancient town of Iseyin from Mbaise, in Imo State in the year 2000 with their three children.
In an interview in Ibadan on Tuesday, November 30, she told the newspaper that N5million worth of property were vandalised during the protest.
PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
The items lost
The mother of six lamented amidst sobbing that items like 300W Eleqax power generating set, one Thermacool freezer, two big orthopaedic foams, two gas cookers and cylinders as well as three boxes of her clothes and jewelleries worth 800 hundred thousand naira were carted away.
Also among her stolen possessions were electronics and other household items, cash worth about N350,000 from her business, that was kept in her apartment, among other items too numerous to mention.
Sokoto killing: 30-year-old widow reveals how she watched helplessly as bandits burnt her mum, 4 kids to death
She, however, threatened to take her own life if the Oyo state government and the people fail to assist her in her present condition.
“All my business is gone, my possessions, I am left in the cold, I am now living off my people, Governor Seyi Makinde should please help me, people of God should come to our aid, I am depressed and may do anything bad to myself if this continues.”
Recall that the EndSARS protest in Iseyin was reported to have been hijacked by hoodlums who attacked all security agencies’ facilities in Iseyin, looting their facilities and personal possessions of the officers and vandalizing many buildings in the process.
EndSARS: Activist Rinu Oduala berates Sanwo-Olu for proposing peace walk
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had earlier reported that activist Rinu Oduala has joined the number of voices rejecting Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu’s offer to the youths in Lagos state to join him for a peace walk.
Nigerian policewoman helps young man shot by thieves, spends over N400k on his hospital bills, photos go viral
The governor in a press conference held on Tuesday, November 30 spoke on the recent findings of the #EndSARS Judicial Panel of Inquiry which was set up to investigate cases of police brutality in the state, as well as the massacre at the Lekki toll gate on October 20, 2020.
In his speech, the governor called on several of the #EndSARS campaigners to join him in a walk for peace which is to hold in December.