- Takeoff's alleged killer Patrick Xavier Clark is still in custody as he looks to raise N931 million bond
- However, he asked the judge for N2.2m to hire a private investigator who will help him prepare for trials
- Should he be released, he will be under house arrest and refrain from using any controlled substance without a prescription and avoid buying any firearms
PAY ATTENTION: Сheck out news that is picked exactly for YOU ➡️ find the “Recommended for you” block on the home page and enjoy!
Slain US rapper Takeoff's alleged murderer, Patrick Xavier Clark, has asked a judge for money, claiming that he cannot afford to raise money for his private investigator.
Takeoff's alleged killer still in custody
According to TMZ, which saw legal documents, Clark is now asking for N2.2m to hire a private investigator because he cannot cover the costs alone.
The court documents said Clark's family had already spent all its money on his lawyer, who agreed to work at a reduced rate for him.
But the accused added that it's necessary to add a private investigator to his defence to investigate his case properly and to prepare effectively for trial.
According to Clark, he's already identified a private investigator who will work on the case for the reduced rate of N32,500 per hour.
The accused allegedly shot dead the Migos member on November 1 in Houston in the presence of his uncle and band member.
Houston Police Department announced last week Clark had been arrested and charged with the murder of the rapper. He's currently being held on a N938million bond.
However, should he be released, he will be placed under house arrest. He will be prohibited from processing firearms or any deadly weapons and must refrain from using bhang or any controlled substance without a prescription.
Clark will also be barred from speaking with specific people like Takeoff's family, J. Prince Jr. and boxing star Shakur Stevenson who was standing inches away from Takeoff moments before the fatal shooting.
Stray bullet killed Takeoff
Legit.ng reported the Migos rapper was unfortunately hit on his upper body after a bowling alley altercation turned violent.
Eyewitnesses who saw the incident said the incident turned tragic after a single shot rang, forcing those present to scurry for cover.
According to TMZ, there was a flurry of shots, more than 10, before shots were fired, and after the guns fell silent, Takeoff lay dead.