- The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has released an update regarding the 2023 UTME/DE
- The board provided a full breakdown of the UTME/DE fees as part of its efforts to put an end to extortion during the registration process
- In total, candidates not sitting for Mock-UTME will pay N5,700 while those sitting for Mock-UTME will pay N6,700
The breakdown of the UTME/DE fees is as follows:
- Application fee (reduced since 2018): N3,500
- Reading Text: N500
- CBT Centre Registration service charge: N700
- CBT Centre Service Charge for UTME: N1,000
PAY ATTENTION: Join Legit.ng Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!
According to JAMB, candidates will not pay any money as a service charge at any CBT centre.
The board also noted that the breakdown of payment will be printed on the e-PIN vending receipt and on the registration slip to avoid extortion.
Consequently, every candidate pays as follows:
- UTME Candidates not sitting Mock-UTME: N5,700
- UTME Candidates sitting Mock-UTME: N6,700.
- DE Candidates are to pay N4,700 for registration.
JAMB resolves to make UTME and DE registration process cashless
Meanwhile, JAMB also said it has resolved to henceforth make the UTME and DE registration process cashless to put a stop to acts of extortion.
The board reiterated that it would be collecting the approved N700 registration fee, N1,000 CBT (examination) Fee and N1,000 mock UTME service charge on behalf of the various Computer-Based Test (CBT) Centres, along with its UTME registration fees.
Legit.ng gathers that JAMB will be remitting whatever is due to each registration centre weekly.
JAMB releases registration, exam dates for 2023 UTME
Earlier, Legit.ng reported that JAMB announced it would commence registration for the 2023 UTME from Saturday, January 14 to Tuesday, February 14, 2023.
JAMB's spokesman, Fabian Benjamin, announced this in a statement released on Tuesday, December 20, 2022.
He also stated that the Direct Entry registration would commence on Monday, February 20, 2023 and will go on till Thursday, April 20, 2023.