Congolese Student Dies In USA After Eating Marijuana Cookie

Congolese Student Dies In USA After Eating Marijuana Cookie

A 19-year-old exchange student from Congo died in Colorado, USA, after eating a marijuana cookie.

It is the first death associated with legalization of marijuana in this state in January.

According to the friends of the victim, Levi Thamba Pongi became aggressive after consuming the cookie and started pulling objects out of the Denver motel balcony.

When his friends though they finally managed to calm him down, young man jumped over the balcony edge.

Following the student's death medics carried out autopsy, which showed marijuana intoxication.

He tested positive for 7.2 nanograms of HC (when the legal limit for driving is 5). Neither alcohol, nor any other drugs were found in his blood.

However, one of Thamba's companions revealed that he felt unwell after eating some piece of the cookie, so he stopped.

The case investigation is currently in process.


Khadijah Thabit avatar

Khadijah Thabit (Copyeditor) Khadijah Thabit is an editor with over 3 years of experience editing and managing contents such as articles, blogs, newsletters and social leads. She has a BA in English and Literary Studies from the University of Ibadan, Nigeria. Khadijah joined in September 2020 as a copyeditor and proofreader for the Human Interest, Current Affairs, Business, Sports and PR desks. As a grammar police, she develops her skills by reading novels and dictionaries. Email:

Online view pixel