Tragedy as High Tension Wire Falls on Lagos Church During Service, Worshippers Suffer Electrical Shock

Tragedy as High Tension Wire Falls on Lagos Church During Service, Worshippers Suffer Electrical Shock

  • There was pandemonium in the early hours on Sunday, when some worshippers got electrocuted during church service
  • This happened in the early hours of Sunday, October 3, at the El-Adonai Evangelical Ministry, in the Abule Egba area of Lagos
  • The incident was triggered by an electric cable that touched the church's flag pole while some members were trying to fix it

A Sunday service at El-Adonai Evangelical Church in Abule-Egba, Lagos, ended on a sad note as an electric cable fell on worshippers.

Two adults and two teenagers were reportedly electrocuted in the incident that happened while service was ongoing.

Meanwhile, another report on the Facebook page of Lagos State Fire Service said about 6 male adults were electrocuted.

Worshippers electrocuted at El-Adonai Evegenlical Ministry
The incident at El-Adonai Evegenlical Ministry was reported at 07:34 hours Sunday morning. Photo credit: Lagos State Fire Service
Source: Facebook

How it happened

Witnesses who spoke to Daily Trust on condition of anonymity disclosed that the victims got electrocuted while trying to fix the church’s flag as they made way for some officials.

Read also

Breaking: 2 killed as gunmen strike in Nnewi, attack FRSC, NAUTH offices, burn DSS vehicle

PAY ATTENTION: Join Legit.ng Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!

The flag’s pole was said to have touched the electrical cable which triggered the shock.

The identities of the victims are yet to be verified.

To prevent further damage to lives and properties, men of the state Fire Service were called in.

Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) officials were also reportedly contacted.

Confirming the incident, Adeseye Margaret, director, Lagos State Fire and Rescue Service, said some of the victims were unconscious as of press time, Vanguard reports.

She stated:

“The Ikeja Electric Distribution Company has been informed and consequently de-energize power distribution to the environment while rescue operations continue amid youth restiveness and tense area.”

17-year-old player electrocuted

Meanwhile, it was a sad day for football as a 17-year-old player with English club AFC, Flyde Luke Bennett, reportedly met his end.

Legit.ng had reported that Bennett passed away following an accident on Saturday night, March 6, which saw him hold on to an overhead power cable with a metal pole.

Read also

Nigeria @ 61: President Buhari bags nation builder award in UK

It was gathered that the tragic incident occurred when he was attempting to retrieve a ball at Euxton Villa FC’s ground in Runshaw Hall Lane, Chorley.

Emergency services were swiftly called to the scene after it was reported that a child had been seriously injured, but police officers attached to Lancashire confirmed that Bennett was dead at the scene.

Source: Legit.ng

Online view pixel