- List of successful candidates for the Army's short service course has been finally released
- A statement by the Nigerian Army directs the shortlisted candidates to report for training on Tuesday, April 6
- According to the Army, any candidate who fails to show up for training latest by Wednesday, April 7, will be disqualified
The Nigerian Army on Friday, March 26, released the list of successful candidates at the Short Service Combatant Course 47/2021 Selection Board.
A statement signed by Major General GAT Ochigbano, Military Secretary (Army), advised the successful candidates to report for officer cadet training at the Old Site of the NDA Kaduna on Tuesday, April 6.
The statement warned that candidates who fail to report by 6pm on Wednesday, April 7, will forfeit their positions and be replaced by another candidate on the Reserve List.
The list of successful candidates can be accessed here.
The successful candidates are also instructed to report at the training with the following:
1. Original credentials and SSC 47 online application print out that bears their passport photograph.
2. Four copies of 5×7 coloured photograph in suit and in full standing position without cap/hat.
3. Two pairs of white (unmarked) round neck vests and navy blue shorts (without stripes).
4. Two pairs of black trousers.
5. Two pairs of pure white canvas trainers (rubber type NOT acceptable).
6. Two white bedsheets and pillowcases.
7. One blanket (grey or army green colour).
8. A set of cutlery.
9. Two pairs of national dress or suit and casual wears.
10. Serving military personnel are to come along with release letters and passes from their commanders/commanding officers.
In other news, the Nigerian Army has vowed to take decisive action against individuals or groups attempting to compromise the territorial integrity of the country.
The Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lt. -Gen. Ibrahim Attahiru, stated this in Uyo at the 2021 commanding officers’ workshop in Akwa Ibom state, according to a statement issued by the army via its Facebook page.
Meanwhile, the Chief of Defence Staff, General Lucky Irabor, has also assured Nigerians that the country will experience peace again in no distant time.
The military chief made the declaration on Monday, March 22 while delivering his speech at a national defence summit in Abuja.
The event attended by a Legit.ng reporter had a theme titled: “Promoting Kinetic Operations as a major Plank for Counter-Terrorism and Counter-Insurgency in Nigeria."