FG announces new employment plan for N-Power beneficiaries

FG announces new employment plan for N-Power beneficiaries

- A new exit plan has been announced for the N-Power project beneficiaries

- This is as the federal government said the beneficiaries will now be engaged in new job opportunities and business prospects

- The development came in barely 24 hours after the federal government announced a package of N5000 for 24 million poor Nigerians

PAY ATTENTION: Join Legit.ng Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!

As part of the N-Power exit plan, the federal government says beneficiaries who have concluded the two-year job programme will be engaged to access permanent job opportunities or business prospects.

The new development was announced on Wednesday, January 20, by the minister of humanitarian affairs, disaster management and social development, Sadiya Farouq.

Hajiya Farouq who spoke at the 4th annual review of the Home Grown School Feeding Programme (NHGSFP), however, said the new plan is for Batches A and B of the N-Power scheme, The Nation reports.

Read also

Hurray! 24m poor Nigerians to receive N5,000 each for 6 months - FG

FG announces new employment plan for N-Power beneficiaries
N-Power beneficiaries will be engaged in new job opportunities. Credit: @Npower_ng
Source: Twitter

Legit.ng gathers that under the plan which is operated by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), about 200,000 beneficiaries will be employed as financial services operators on the platform of Shared Agent Network Expansion Facility (SANEF).

The minister said:

“Plans have been concluded for the transition of the N-power Batch A and B through the creation of the NEXIT portal, which would allow those who choose to sign up to access other government empowerment opportunities.
“A beneficiary management system for the NSIPs is expected to be deployed in 2021. It would have the capacity to manage payments, address grievances and improve dissemination of information.”

24 million Nigerians to receive N5000 for 6 months - FG

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read the best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

In a related development, the federal government on Tuesday, January 19, disclosed that 24 million poor Nigerians will be given N5,000 each for a period of six months as part of the current administration's efforts to take people out of poverty and extreme want.

Read also

FG to resume school feeding programme amid COVID-19 second wave

Shedding light on the development in Abuja via a statement through her aide Nneka Anibeze, humanitarian affairs minister, Hajiya Sadiya Farouq, said the program was designed to rapidly identify, register and provide succour to people who were not previously captured in the social register.

5 years after, Nigerians speak about Buhari's administration | Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng

Online view pixel