Updated: Video shows Army sent seven trucks to Lekki tollgate

Updated: Video shows Army sent seven trucks to Lekki tollgate

- The investigative panel probing police brutality has begun viewing of Lekki shooting footage

- Some EndSARS protesters were said to have been killed at Lekki tollgate on October 6

- The video showed that the Army sent seven trucks to Lekki tollgate before the incident

PAY ATTENTION: Win a prize of N115,000, N75,000 or N38,000: participate in Big Naija Independence contest by Legit.ng

A report by The Nation indicates that the Army sent not less than seven trucks to the Lekk tollgate on the night of October 20, when #EndSARS protesters were reportedly shot and killed.

Legit.ng gathered that the trucks, two white and five black, were seen on footage of the incident provided by the Lekki Concession Company (LCC).

According to the report, the two hours and 5 minutes of the 21-hour video was being played, adding that the soldiers arrived at about 6:43 pm.

The shootings were believed to occur from just before 7 pm but the Army had denied killing anyone, saying it only fired blanks, contrary to eyewitnesses’ accounts

Lekki shooting: Former military chief explains why CNN report is biased

Legit.ng had earlier reported that the judicial panel of enquiry and restitution for victims of SARS related abuses and other matters set up by the Lagos state government started viewing the 2 hours 29 minutes of the October 20, Lekki shootings footage captured by the Lekki Concession Company (LCC).

The newspaper had earlier reported that soldiers have been accused of shooting at #EndSARS protesters, injuring and killing some, an allegation the military has denied.

The shootings were believed to have occurred from just over 6 pm on October 20.

Breaking: Lagos panel begins viewing of Lekki shooting video

The judicial panel of enquiry and restitution for victims of SARS related abuses and other matters viewing Lekki shooting video. Source: The Nation.
Source: UGC

The newspaper reported that about four hours of the video were played on October 6 between 11:35 am and nearly past 5 pm, with a pause in between during break time.

The lawyers to the parties were said to have agreed to limit the 21-hour footage to portions relevant to the shootings.

The video was broken into footages of roughly 30 minutes in length.

Lekki shooting: Activists berate CNN over recent investigative reporting

It was tendered by LCC managing director, Abayomi Omomuwa, through LCC’s counsel, Rotimi Seriki.

The federal government has also denied anyone was killed at the toll gate, following a CNN report claiming otherwise.

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that the federal government on Thursday, November 19, made a defence against the CNN report on the Lekki shooting as it insisted that no massacre occurred as "irresponsibly" peddled on the social media.

PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet!

It was reported that while speaking during a press conference in Abuja, Lai-Mohammed, minister of culture and information, cleared the air amid fresh controversies generated by the CNN report on the EndSARS protest.

The information minister threatened that the federal government will not hesitate to sanction the foreign media for what he termed "irresponsible journalism.”

DJ Switch is a fraud and will soon be exposed, FG blows hot

In another report, the Lagos Observers Group (LOG) on Monday, November 16, called on the Lagos state governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, to apologise to the Nigerian Army over alleged false claims on the Lekki shooting.

The group said that after analysing the army's testimony at the Lagos state judicial panel of inquiry and restitution, it has become necessary to compel the governor to tender an apology.

3 reasons ENDSARS protest may not end soon | - on Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng

Online view pixel