EndSARS: Please return to duty, ex-IGP Tafa Balogun urges police officers

EndSARS: Please return to duty, ex-IGP Tafa Balogun urges police officers

- Tafa Balogun, a former IGP, has begged police officers to return to their duty post

- Some EndSARS protesters had burnt some police stations across the country and injured some officers

- The hoodlums' action, however, made the police to abandon their duty post

PAY ATTENTION: Win a prize of N115,000, N75000 or N38000: participate in Big Naija Independence contest by Legit.ng

A retired Inspector-General of Police (IGP), Tafa Balogun has appealed to officers and men of the Nigeria Police Force (NPF) to return to their statutory duties after they were displaced from their stations during the #EndSARS protests.

Vanguard reports that in a statement issued on Thursday, November 12, the ex-police boss urged the police to continue to provide the much-needed security to the country, Nigeria.

Legit.ng gathered that he also appealed to them not to mind the recent brutal attacks, arson, and acts of intimidation against the police.

EndSARS protest: Femi Falana reacts to lawsuit filed against him at ICC
EndSARS: Please return to duty, ex-IGP Tafa Balogun urges police officers

Former Inspector-General of Police (IGP), Tafa Balogun, expresses concern over the boycott of duties by police officers attacks by EndSARS protesters. Source: NaijVIP.
Source: UGC

He said:

“I urge all members of the Nigeria police in our country to return to their duty posts and continue to provide the much-needed security to our dear country, Nigeria; not minding the recent brutal attacks, arson, and acts of intimidation against the police.
“The Nigeria police remains the first line of internal security as guaranteed by the Nigerian constitution. Therefore, it behoves all and sundry not to betray the spirit of the constitution."

PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet!

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that a human rights lawyer, Femi Falana, said he is not bothered over the lawsuit filed against him at the International Criminal Court (ICC) by a Nigerian lawyer who accused him of inciting EndSARS protesters.

It was reported that Falana in a statement said those behind the lawsuit were trying to divert attention from the attack on protesters at the Lekki Tollgate.

Edo police give hoodlums ultimatum to return looted firearms

The senior lawyer dismissed the complaint at the ICC, which accused him of instigating the violent EndSARS protests that led to the destruction of properties.

In a related report, a suit was filed before a Federal High Court sitting in Lagos to disband the judicial panel of inquiry and restitution for victims of SARS related abuses in the state and at the Lekki toll gate.

The suit filed by Adekunle Augustine and Semion Akogwu asked the court to disband the panel on the ground that the Lagos state governor, being a party in the matter, did not exercise his power in the public interest by setting up the panel.

Angry lawyers join EndSARS protest in Lagos | - on Legit TV

Source: Legit

Online view pixel