Coronavirus: NCDC announces 147 new COVID-19 cases, total now 62,371

Coronavirus: NCDC announces 147 new COVID-19 cases, total now 62,371

- The NCDC has announced 147 new cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday, October 28

- Lagos leads the chart with 82 cases while FCT and Rivers follow with 20 and 9 cases respectively

- So far, Nigeria has recorded 62,371 confirmed COVID-19 cases, 58,095 recoveries and 1,139 deaths

PAY ATTENTION: Win a prize of N115,000, N75,000 or N38,000: participate in Big Naija Independence contest by Legit.ng

The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control has announced 147 new cases of COVID-19 in the country, taking the total number of confirmed infections in the country to 62,371.

The new cases which were announced by the disease control agency on Wednesday night, October 28, were recorded in 12 states, including the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).

Legit.ng notes that Lagos leads the chart with 82 cases, FCT follows with 20 cases, Rivers record 9 cases, and so on.

Nigeria has so far recorded 62,371 confirmed COVID-19 cases, 58,095 recoveries and 1,139 deaths, according to the latest NCDC data.

Read also

Breaking: FG begins free registration for 250,000 small businesses, sets N30,000 grant for artisans

Coronavirus: NCDC announces 147 new COVID-19 cases, total now 62,371
Coronavirus: NCDC announces 147 new COVID-19 cases in 12 states. Photo credit: NCDC
Source: Twitter

Below is the breakdown of the new cases:

Lagos - 82

FCT - 20

Rivers - 9

Kaduna - 8

Plateau - 8

Benue - 5

Edo - 3

Kano - 3

Nasarawa - 3

Taraba - 3

Ogun - 2

Bauchi - 1

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read the best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Meanwhile, following the EndSARS protest that rocked the country, the federal government has said the risk of a resurgence of the COVID-19 pandemic in Nigeria is high.

This was disclosed on Monday, October 26, by Boss Mustapha, chairman of the Presidential Task Force (PTF) on COVID-19. He said:

"Also, the large gatherings witnessed during the protests and during the break-ins at various warehouses, homes and looting of stores put us at a great risk of resurgence of the virus."

In another report, the governor of Kogi state, Yahaya Bello has alleged that billions of naira meant to tackle the COVID-19 pandemic was siphoned by a few individuals.

Read also

NCDC announces 119 new coronavirus infections, 2 deaths as cases in Nigeria now 62,111

Bello made the accusation in an interview with Channels TV.

The governor claimed the individuals who siphoned COVID-19 funds include Nigerians in government, those outside the government, some in business empires, and very few middlemen.

Coronavirus: The govt has turned the pandemic to scamdemic | Legit TV

Source: Legit

Online view pixel