Finn Wittrock is a multi-award winning American actor. He is popularly known for his work in American Horror Story, The Big Short, and Noah. He is also one of the highly-sought-after screenwriters in the entertainment industry.
From 2009 to 2011, the star played the role of Damon Miller in All My Children. In 2012, he starred in the Broadway production Death of a Salesman as Happy Loman.
Finn Wittrock profile summary
- Full name: Peter "Finn" Wittrock, Jr.
- Date of birth: 28th October 1984
- Place of birth: Lenox, Massachusetts
- Finn Wittrock age: 36 years (as of 2020)
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity: White
- Height: 5 feet 9 inches
- Weight: 70 kg
- Marital status: Married
- Spouse: Sarah Roberts
- Profession: Actor, screenwriter
- Net worth: $5 million
Finn Wittrock biography
Finn was born on 28th October 1984 in Lenox, Massachusetts. His parents are Peter L Wittrock Sr (father) and Kate Claire Crowley (mother). His father is an actor while his mother is a professor of Occupational Therapy at the University of Southern California. Finn has one younger brother known as Dylan.
The screenwriter grew up near the Shakespeare & Company theatre where his father was working. He would act as a messenger or pageboy on regular occasions.
While in high school, he took part in acting, making films and being a part of different movement classes for actors.
Finn attended Los Angeles County High School for the Arts. After his high school graduation, he received acceptance to join The Juilliard School, but he turned it down hoping to get job opportunities in the Los Angeles film industry.
After several rejected applications on different television shows, he auditioned for The Juilliard School again and was accepted. He graduated in 2008 with a Bachelor's Degree in Fine Arts
Towards the end of his high school education, Finn starred on the police procedural series known as Cold Case as well as the medical drama known as ER. Later, he continued starring in different films, TV shows, and theatrical plays.
Some of Finn Wittrock movies and TV shows include:
Finn Wittrock movies
- 2004 - Halloweentown High as Cody Trainer
- 2010 - Twelve as Warren
- 2014 - Winter's Tale as Gabriel
- 2014 - Noah as Young Tubal-Cain
- 2014 - Unbroken as Francis McNamara
- 2015 - My All American as Freddie Steinmark
- 2015 - The Submarine Kid as Spencer Koll
- 2015 - The Big Short as Jamie Shipley
- 2016 - La La Land as Greg Earnest
- 2017 - Landline as Nate
- 2017 - A Midsummer Night's Dream as Demetrius
- 2018 - A Futile and Stupid Gesture as Tim Matheson
- 2018 - Write When You Get Work as Jonny Collins
- 2018 - If Beale Street Could Talk as Hayward
- 2019 - Locating Silver Lake as Seth
- 2019 - Plus One as Steve
- 2019 - The Last Black in San Francisco as Clayton
- 2019 - Big Boys Pants as Kyle
- 2019 - Judy as Mickey Deans
- 2019 - Semper Fi as Jaeger
- 2021 - Long Weekend as Bart
- 2021 - Deep Water as Nick
- 2021 - A Mouthful of Air as Ethan Davis
- 2021 - Louie as Young Roscoe
- 2003 - Cold Case as Eric Whitley
- 2003 - ER as Thomas Yoder
- 2004 - CSI: Miami as Chad Van Horn
- 2009 to 2011 - All My Children as Damon Miller
- 2011 - Torchwood: Miracle Day as Danny
- 2012 - Harry's Law as Jimmy Cormack
- 2012 - Criminal Minds as Harvey Morell
- 2013 - Law & Order: Special Victims Unit as Cameron Tyler
- 2013 - Masters of S*x as Dale
- 2014 - The Normal Heart as Albert
- 2014 to 2015 - American Horror Story: Freak Show as Dandy Mott
- 2015 - Deadbeat as Max
- 2015 to 2016 - American Horror Story: Hotel as Tristan Duffy
- 2016 - American Horror Story: Roanoke as Jether Polk
- 2018 - The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story as Jeffrey Trail
- 2019 - Alternatino with Arturo Castro as Eddie
- 2019 - American Horror Story: 1984 as Bobby Ritcher
- 2020 - Cake as Himself
- 2020 - Ratched as Edmund Tolleson
- 2021 - American Horror Story: Season 10 (Finn Wittrock new movie)
- 2008 - Candida as Eugene Marchbanks
- 2008 - Romeo and Juliet as Romeo Montague
- 2009 - The Age of Iron as Troilus
- 2011 - The Illusion as Calisto Theogenes
- 2012 - Death of a Salesman as Harold Loman
- 2012 - The Blue Deep as Jamie
- 2012 - Sweet Bird of Youth as Chance Wayne
- 2013 - The Guardsman as the actor
- 2016 - Othello as Michael Cassio
- 2017 - The Glass Menagerie as Jim O'Connor
Awards and nominations
Finn has bagged several awards and nominations in various movies and TV shows in the entertainment industry. Here is the breakdown of all his accolades:
- 2012 - Theatre World Awards under the Theatre World Award (Winner)
- 2012 - Clarence Derwent Awards under the Most Promising Male Performer (Winner)
- 2015 - Dorian Awards under the We're Wilde About You Rising Star Award category (Nominated)
- 2015 - Critics' Choice Television Awards under the Best Supporting Actor in a Movie/Miniseries (Nominated)
- 2015 - Fangoria Chainsaw Awards under the Favorite Supporting Actor on Television category (Nominated)
- 2015 - Primetime Emmy Awards under the Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Miniseries or a Movie category (Nominated)
- 2016 - Critics' Choice Movie Awards under the Best Acting Ensemble category (Nominated)
- 2016 - National Board of Review Awards under the Best Ensemble category (Winner)
- 2016 - Screen Actors Guild Awards under the Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture category (Nominated)
- 2016 - Washington D.C. Area Film Critics Association under the Best Ensemble category (Winner)
- 2018 - Primetime Emmy Awards under the Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Limited Series or Movie category (Nominated)
- 2018 - Satellite Awards under the Best Cast - Television Series category (Winner)
- 2019 - Critics' Choice Television Awards under the Best Supporting Actor in a Movie/Miniseries (Nominated)
Finn Wittrock new movie
One of the actor's upcoming films is Deep Water, which is currently in the post-production phase. The movie is about a well-to-do husband who allows his wife to have affairs in order to avoid a divorce. However, the husband becomes a prime suspect in the disappearance of her lovers.
The movie is set to be released on 13th August, 2021.
Other upcoming movies starring the actor include A Mouthful of Air and Long Weekend.
Finn Wittrock wife and children
Is Finn Wittrock gay? The actor is straight and married to his longtime partner Sarah Roberts. Finn Wittrock gay rumours and allegations came up after he played the role of a closeted gay Naval Officer in The Assassination of Gianni Versace.
The actor tied the knot on 18th October 2014. Finn Wittrock and wife welcomed their first-born son known as Jude Wittrock in March 2019. The duo has kept their baby away from social media as well as paparazzi; hence his face is not yet revealed to the public.
How tall is Finn Wittrock? Finn Wittrock height is 5 feet 9 inches tall. He weighs 70kg. He has an athletic body type with blonde hair and blue eyes.
Over the years, Finn has starred in numerous films and earned a huge sum of money. As of 2020, Finn Wittrock net worth is roughly $5 million.
Finn Wittrock is a super-talented actor, as seen in the numerous roles he has played as well as the multiple awards he has taken home. He is a great source of inspiration to other entertainers who would like to be like him one day.
READ ALSO: Cazzie David bio: Age, height, net worth, boyfriend, movies
Legit.ng recently explored the life of Cazzie David, who is a successful actress, producer, director, and screenwriter. She is the daughter of Larry Gene, a comedian. As of 2020, Cazzie is 26 years old.
The actress has featured in many television series and movies such as CollegeHumor Originals (2016), Hannah Montana (2007), and Stealing Pulp Fiction (2020).