- The pronounced crisis hitting UNILAG might have dived into its ending alley
- The visitation panel investigating the crisis has submitted its report to the federal government
- Prof Tukur Sa’ad, chairman of the panel, handed over the report to the education minister, Adamu Adamu
PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed!
Prof Tukur Sa’ad, chairman of the presidential probe panel investigating the University of Lagos (UNILAG) crisis that saw the removal of Oluwatoyin Ogundipe as the institution's vice-chancellor, has submitted its report.
According to a report in The Nation, Sa’ad met with the minister of education, Adamu Adamu on Wednesday, September 16, to submit the findings of the panel.
It would be recalled that Ogundipe was given marching orders on Wednesday, August 12, by the governing council led by Wale Babalakin, the pro-chancellor of UNILAG.
Addressing journalists on Friday, August 14, Babalakin alleged that Ogundipe was sacked due to gross misconduct and misappropriation of funds.
But the embattled UNILAG VC, while reacting, described his purported removal as untrue and a figment of the announcer’s imagination.
In a timely bid to resolve the leadership crisis ravaging the UNILAG, President Muhammadu Buhari, through the ministry of education, set up a special visitation panel.
The decision of President Buhari was disclosed by the ministry's spokesman, Ben Goong, in a statement to the academic institution on Friday, August 21.
The ministry also directed Babalakin and Ogundipe to recuse themselves from their official duties until the panel concludes its probe.
The panel, which was given two weeks to complete its assignment upon inauguration on August 26, 2020, has now submitted its report.
Education minister Adamu, while receiving the report, said necessary moves will be taken to ensure that sanity is restored back to UNILAG.
"The visitor of the university, after due consideration of the report, will take a decision on the matter as appropriate in order to restore peace and conducive learning atmosphere in the university of Lagos and the university system as a whole” the minister said.
Ogundipe withdraws suit against Babalakin
Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that Ogundipe withdrew his suit instituted against Babalakin who is a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN).
Ogundipe's lawyers, Tayo Oyetibo and Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa disclosed on Friday, August 21, that the discontinuance of the case by their client was due to deference to the authority of President Buhari.
The duo revealed that Ogundipe has enough time to defend himself against the allegations that led to the decision of the council.
Covid-19: Lagos school gives students radios to study from home | - on Legit TV