Coronavirus: NCDC lists 5 ways Covid-19 patients are managed at isolation centres

Coronavirus: NCDC lists 5 ways Covid-19 patients are managed at isolation centres

Since Covid-19 does not have any known cure or vaccine yet, many Nigerians and others across the world have continuously asked how patients are being managed at isolation centres.

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed

This has fueled many speculations especially as some Covid-19 survivors started claiming they were given malaria drugs while some said they were not given any drugs at all.

To address the information gap, the director-general of the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), Chikwe Ihekweazu, has listed five key ways Covid-19 patients are managed at isolation centres.

Coronavirus: NCDC lists 5 ways Covid-19 patients are managed at isolation centres

Coronavirus: NCDC Dg Chikwe Ihekweazu lists 5 ways Covid-19 patients are managed at isolation centres. Photo credit: NCDC
Source: Twitter

Legit.ng lists the five things done for the patients to recover from the deadly virus.

1. Management of symptoms

2. Management of pre-existing conditions

3. Supplemental oxygen therapy

4. Treatment of bacterial infection

5. Ensuring patients are well-nourished and hydrated

If you have fever, it’s more likely due to malaria than COVID-19 - PTF coordinator says, begs private hospitals not to reject patients of other diseases

PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet!

Meanwhile, the Nigerian government's fight against Covid-19 may suffer a setback as a good number of Nigerians still do not believe the virus is real, according to a poll conducted by Legit.ng.

The index case of Covid-19 was confirmed in Lagos, Nigeria on Thursday, February 27. A few months after, the virus has spread to 35 states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).

As of the time of filing this report, 11,844 people have been infected across the country; 3,696 people have recovered while the deadly virus has claimed the lives of cases with 333 people.

Also, Nigeria has the third-highest Covid-19 cases in Africa, trailing South Africa and Egypt.

Despite all these figures, many Nigerians appear not to believe that Covid-19 is real.

Over 4,000 people participated in the poll on Facebook: the majority, 62%, claimed the virus is not real while the remaining 38% said it is real.

Beware: These 4 things can get you arrested, prosecuted in FG's latest lockdown measures

The result is, however, a little different on the same poll question on Twitter: 40% of the respondents believe the virus is real while 32% said it is not.

In another report on Covid-19, the NCDC has said that patients who stop showing coronavirus symptoms will be discharged without waiting for a laboratory negative test.

This was revealed by the director-general of NCDC who spoke at the daily briefing of the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19, in Abuja on Thursday, June 5.

Coronavirus: Legit tv visits Lagos Isolation centre | Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng News

Online view pixel