Coronavirus: Boss Mustapha gives fresh updates on possible cure for COVID-19

Coronavirus: Boss Mustapha gives fresh updates on possible cure for COVID-19

- PTF has given new updates on the fight against coronavirus pandemic

- Boss Mustapha, the chairman of the PTF, said on Thursday, May 28, that the government has not shortlisted any possible cure for COVID-19

- Mustapha noted that the PTF would make recommendations to the President within the next 72 hours on COVID-19 measures

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Legit.ng News on your Facebook News Feed

The Presidential Task Force (PTF) on COVID-19 has denied the report that it has shortlisted possible traditional cure for the novel coronavirus pandemic.

Channels TV reports that the chairman of the PTF and Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Boss Mustapha, made this known on Thursday, May 28, during the briefing on COVID-19 in Abuja, the nation's capital.

Legit.ng gathered that the SGF said the PTF did not shortlist any possible herbal cure for the coronavirus pandemic.

Read also

Buhari's minister reveals why railway projects are yet to be completed

He said the country had recorded more deaths to non-attendance to other diseases than COVID-19, adding that the PTF would make recommendations to the President within the next 72 hours on COVID-19 measures.

"We have not shortlisted any possible traditional cure for COVID-19. We are having more deaths to non-attendance to other diseases than COVID-19.

The PTF will make recommendations to the President within the next 72 hours on COVID-19 measures," he said.

Mustapha also noted that the country was fully in the community phase of the spread of the virus.

In his reaction, the minister of health, Osagie Ehanire, said that the PTF would continue to engage the traditional, business, religious, and community leaders on how to rid the country of the disease.

He said: "We shall continue to engage our traditional, business, religious, and community leaders."

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that Governor Yahaya Bello-led government insisted that the north-central state is still free of coronavirus scourge despite fresh discovery.

Read also

COVID-19: Why worship centres should remain closed - FG

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

It was reported that the state's utter denial coincided with the report by Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) announcing two cases in the state.

Saka Haruna Audu, Kogi health commissioner, in a statement on Wednesday, May 27, said the state has conducted hundreds of Covid-19 tests out of which none came out positive.

The commissioner, however, assured the people of the state of maximum security from the scourge and enjoined them to take all the precautionary measure with utmost seriousness.

Coronavirus: 20% of people who came here tested positive - MoH | - on Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng

Online view pixel