A couple of simple questions to ask your crush may open up the person's inner world to you. Your task is to pick out the most suitable ones and make sure you do not cross the line on sensitive topics.
It is not always easy to find words when you are alone with a person you like very much. Luckily for you, we have gathered some questions to ask a crush that will come in handy in such situations.
The smartest questions to ask your crush
There are some very practical things that you can ask your crush when you want to get to know them better. Before you begin asking them anything, make sure they do not mind personal questions.
Here are some questions you could ask:
- Do you still feel close to your parents?
- Are you the only son/daughter your parents have? How do you get along with your siblings?
- Do you like the place where you live now?
If your crush lives with their parents and answers positively, you may proceed to the following:
- Would you like to stay in your family’s home for the rest of your life?
- Do you have a nickname used by those at home?
- Is your family large? Do you see them often?
These helpful questions to ask your crush show them your genuine interest in their personality. Talk about hobbies and pastimes, the music they love, their favourite sports and teams, and so on.
- Do you watch TV shows? Which one seems most appealing to you?
- Do you like football/basketball/hockey, etc.? Are you a fan of a particular team or athlete?
- Does any kind of music make your heart race with delight? Can you play music?
- Are you into reading books? Which genre do you prefer?
- What was the most recent book that you liked a lot? Why did it impress you so much?
- What is your star sign? Do you believe in horoscopes?
These are really informative and, in general, good questions to ask a girl or a guy you like. Showing that you care for their interests is a nice way to build attraction.
A couple of interesting questions about love may come in handy, too. It is always good to know how romantic or practical a person is just to know what to expect from your relationship.
If you find that they are open enough, you may start talking about their ex, but be very careful when navigating this topic.
- Have you ever done anything reckless but romantic?
- Do you believe in love at first sight?
- Did you ever have a perfect date? What was it like?
- What was the first thing you thought when you saw me?
- When did your first love happen? Was it happy?
You need to remember that these questions are rather delicate. Unhappy memories may hurt them and ruin their mood.
This is why you need to approach such topics with care and only if you are sure that your questions will not cause rejection.
Finding good things to talk about with your crush is not always easy, but you may still start a talk about their dreams, ambitions, plans for the future, and so on.
- What is your dearest ambition, and what do you do to achieve it?
- Have you ever thought about living in another country? Which one would you choose?
- If you met a fairy and she offers to make three of your wishes come true, what would they be?
- If you had a day off work, studying and everything else you need to do, how would you spend it?
- If you had a chance to be another person for a day, which person would you choose?
- What would you do if you had a billion and only a year to spend it?
Some good and neutral questions to ask a girl may include the following:
- What are your favourite flowers? Do you prefer them growing or cut to make a bouquet?
- What is your favourite colour? How would you describe it without the help of any colour words?
- Is there a TV show you could watch all day long?
- If you could travel back in time, what would you advise to yourself?
These may be great questions to ask a girl you like in order to discover her likes and dislikes and get an idea of how to make her happy.
Interesting questions to ask your crush may also involve their past. Remembering good things is pleasant, and such talk can create a sweet, relaxed atmosphere.
- Where did you spend your childhood? Did you like the place? Would you want to return there and spend some more time in that place?
- Do you still maintain a close relationship with your old childhood friends?
- Is there anything about your childhood that you would like to remember?
- Do you have a particular moment in your past that you would like to live in a different way?
- If you had a chance to change something in your past, what would that thing be?
- Did you do anything naughty when you were a child? Would you like to return and repair the damage done then?
- Would you like to live a part of your life or your whole life in a different way?
If you or your crush is not ready to dive deep into emotions or memories just yet, you may resort to general topics. Some interesting questions to ask people you like may include:
- Would you like to have a pet at home? What would it be?
- Do you like cats or dogs?
- What is your life philosophy in a couple of words?
- Should a person ask for forgiveness if they are not guilty just for the sake of peace?
- What do you think, should people be open about their emotions?
- What do you think about the future of humanity?
- What would you do if you knew that the world would disappear in 24 hours?
Here is a collection of in-depth questions that involve emotions, psychology and relationship matters. Traditionally, they may be qualified as cute questions to ask a girl, but you may use them as you like and prove that men have feelings, too.
- Why do you think some people are lonely? How do you deal with loneliness?
- If you had a chance to have your dream house, where would it be located: in a busy place or in a cosy, serene nook where nobody can bother you?
- Do you feel comfortable when you are at the centre of everybody’s attention?
- What are the cutest and most revolting things in the world, in your opinion?
Some more practical questions to ask a guy (or a girl if you want) may be like:
- Who is your best supporter when you are in trouble?
- Has there been anything in your life that has turned your life philosophy upside down?
- In your opinion, what is the key to success in everything?
- How do you manage to be so good at your hobby/job/sport, etc.?
- What is your greatest fear in the world?
Should you desire to create a light and relaxed mood during your conversation, try some flirty and fun questions to ask them, such as:
- How are you so charming but single?
- What is your secret recipe of staying ever so attractive?
- Tell me, where do you learn to be so funny?
- Do you have a celebrity crush?
- What do you usually wear when you go to bed?
- If you could become an animal, what would it be and why will it be a cute lovely little bunny?
- Can you describe me in three worst words that you know?
- Have you ever tried skinny dipping?
- When do you prefer cuddling, on Tuesday or on Thursday?
- Is there anything in your backpack/purse/handbag that will help you survive on a lonely island in the middle of the ocean?
- What do you think about spending whole days playing video games?
- Do you have a specific feature that makes you different from other people?
How do you get to know your crush better?
Practically, any of these are good questions to ask your crush if you want to know them better. Some topics will give you an idea of the kind of personality they possess.
Others will help you see whether you have matching interests and whether you two can have an enjoyable time together.
It is essential not only to choose the most interesting questions to ask a girl or a guy you like but also to ask them sincerely. Your conversation may turn out to be dull if they notice that you are merely asking them the questions formally.
What they also ask you also means a lot. It is an excellent hint that shows you which of your habits, views and character traits are interesting to them.
There are several guidelines that may help you build a productive dialogue with your partner:
- Do not be overly persistent. Forcing your urge to communicate on a person may cause rejection.
- Do not overwhelm them with questions. Try to build a dialogue instead of an interrogation.
- Be attentive to what is said. Proceed to another enquiry only after they have responded to the previous one.
- Be respectful and tactful. If you notice that they feel uneasy or upset, change the subject and make sure you do not return to the unpleasant matter in future conversations.
- React sincerely. If you like what your partner says, if you are positively impressed or pleased, do not hesitate to give them a sincere compliment.
In case your partner says something that appals you, it is up to you to decide how to show your reaction and whether to show it. You should remember, however, that honesty is the best policy in everything, including relationships.
If you are communicating online, you need to give equal attention to the real world, too. People who are online all the time and have no life outside social networks create the impression of having no personal interests.
No matter how much you want to get to know your crush better, it is necessary to make pauses in communication. Your brain will take a rest, and your interest in each other will only grow.
If you are not sure which subjects may be taboo, it is better to discuss things to ask your crush with him or her personally. It is quite okay, and you will be sure that your conversation will not offend them.
There are quite popular techniques for getting close to the person one fancies. They are commonly known as pickup tricks.
Those who use these techniques hope for a quick and stunning effect due to the way they are promoted by the so-called pickup masters. In reality, such tactics can cause negative emotions rather than positive ones because of the pressure they inflict.
Take a look at your conversation from the answering party's perspective. Which topics would you like to discuss?
No matter how interested and eager you are to know the truth, leave behind talks about marriage, kids and family life for later. While you are only getting acquainted with each other, such topics may leave your crush surprised and may even pressure them.
What questions should you ask someone to get to know them? Give preference to the ones that do not touch on sensitive or controversial matters; focus on neutral and pleasant topics.
There are a number of topics which are considered sensitive and that are not welcome in conversations. They include politics, religion, relationship issues, personal finance, gossip, and health.
These rules always work, whether you are picking out interesting questions to ask a guy or a girl. In general, there is no big difference between speaking to a girl or to a guy; gender-specific topics are quite rare.
A lot depends on your mutual interests. If you have the same views on politics, religion or whatsoever, you should feel free to discuss them as long as both of you are interested and comfortable.
With the help of the above-listed selection of the best questions to ask a girl or a guy you like, you will be able to support any conversation and in any circumstances.
Of course, these samples may inspire you to come up with ideas of your own. Do not hesitate to make use of them!
So, take advantage of these witty questions to ask your crush and enjoy the time you spend together. May they be useful to you and help you find out everything you need to know about them.