Jaime Pressly is an award-winning actress who is widely known for her role as Joy Turner in the TV series My Name is Earl. Pressly currently stars as Jill Kendall alongside Anna Faris in CBS's hit comedy series Mom.
Jaime Pressly started her career as an ambitious teenager and gradually became one of TV's most loved comedy actresses. Pressly began acting in 1996; she now has almost 70 acting credits and five awards.
- Name: Jaime Elizabeth Pressly
- Age: 42 years
- Date of birth: July 30, 1977
- Place of birth: Kinston, North Carolina, USA
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity: Caucasian
- Height: 5 feet 5 inches (1.65 m)
- Weight: 54 kg
- Hair colour: Blonde
- Eye colour: Blue
- Zodiac sign: Leo
- Parents: Brenda Sue and James Liston Pressly
- Siblings: Sister Jessica Pressly and brother James Liston Junior
- Religion: Christianity
- Children: Dezi James Calvo, Leo and Lenon Hijazi
- Ex-spouse: Simran Singh (2009 - 2011)
- Profession: Model, actress, producer
- Net worth: 25 million dollars
The early life of Jaime Pressly
Jaime Pressly was born on July 30, 1977, in Kinston, North Carolina, in the United States to Brenda Sue (nee Smith) and James Liston Pressly. Jaime’s mother was a dance instructor, while her father was a car salesman.
How old is Jaime Pressly? The actress is 42 years old. She began living in California when her parents moved to Costa Mesa, California from North Carolina In 1992. Jaime Pressly family was a middle-class family of five.
Jaime Pressly trained in dance and gymnastics for almost 11 years. She attended Costa Mesa High school in California. She dropped out of school to concentrate on her modelling career.
Jaime Pressly's career took off when was she 13 years old. She started her career as a model in her local community. Her career blossomed so fast that by the age of 14, she was already a cover girl for Teen Magazine.
She was legally emancipated from her parents at age 15 for her to be able to travel to Japan for modelling engagements when her parents were unable to accompany her.
Jaime Pressly hot body played a huge a role in her successful modelling career. She featured in March 1998 and February 2004 editions of Playboy Magazine. She also appeared in Allure magazine's May 2006 Issue.
In 1997, Jaime Pressly's acting career began with being an extra in the film Mercenary. Since then, she has acted in over 60 productions. She landed her career-changing role of Joy Turner in NBC's sitcom My Name is Earl in 2015.
Pressly did not immediately give up modelling for acting; she worked in both industries for many years. In 2001, Jaime Pressly was made spokesmodel for Liz Claiborne Cosmetics and its Lucky You fragrance. In 2003, Pressly launched her lingerie line called J'aime which later became a full sleepwear and ready-to-wear line.
Pressly currently plays an alcoholic socialite named Jill Kendall in the American sitcom Mom. She has also featured in music videos and a video game. Jamie Pressly movies and TV shows include the following:
Jamie Pressly movies
- Mercenary (1996): This movie was the actress' first acting gig. She played an extra described as a pre-teen American girl.
- Poison Ivy: The New Seduction (1997): She played the role of Violet in the movie.
- The Journey: Absolution (1997): She acted as Alisson Wade.
- Against the Law (1997): She played Sally, the waitress.
- Can't Hardly Wait (1998): She played Girlfriend No.1
- Ringmaster (1998): She acted as Angel.
- Inferno (1999): She played the role of Dottie Mathews.
- 100 Girls (2000): She acted as Cynthia.
- Poor White Girls (2000): She played the role of Sandy Lake.
- Not Another Teen Movie (2001): She played the role of Priscilla in the film. Her portrayal of Priscilla earned her a Teen Choice Award nomination.
- Ticker (2001): She acted as Claire Manning in the movie.
- Joe Dirt (2001): She played the role of Jill.
- Tomcats (2001): She portrayed a character named Tricia in the film.
- Demon Island (2002): She played Tina.
- Torque (2004): She played a character named China in the 2004 film.
- Death to the Supermodels (2005): She played a character named Tiffany Courtney. She is also one of the producers of this film.
- Bachelor Party Vegas(2006): She acted as herself.
- Doa! Dead or Alive (2006): She played Tina Armstrong
- Horton Hears a Who (2008): She played a character named Mrs Quiligan in the animated movie.
- I Love You Man (2009): She played Denise Mclean.
- 6 Month Rule (2010): She acted as Claire in the movie.
- The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure (2012): She voiced the character named Lola Sombrero.
- A Haunted House 2 (2014): Megan
- Making The Rules (2014): Jamie Pressly was one of the executive producers of this film. She portrayed the lead character, Abb, with R&B singer Robin Thicke playing the supporting role as Shaun.
- Austin found (2017): She played Crystal Clemens.
- Push (1998): She featured in eight episodes of the series as Nikki Lang.
- Silk Stalkings (1998): She acted as Kara Delaney in the series.
- Night Man (1998): She played Yvette in the series.
- Mortal Kombat: Conquest (1998–99): She acted as Mika in the TV series.
- Jack & Jill (1999–01): She played Audrey Griffin in 33 episodes.
- Going to California (2001): She played Kylie Guartz.
- Charmed (2002): She played the role of Mylie.
- The Twilight Zone (2002): She acted as Sensuous Cindy.
- Fastlane (2003): She featured as Sara Matthews in the series.
- Becker (2003): She portrayed a character named Grace.
- Happy Family (2004): She acted in eight episodes as Alex.
- Entourage (2005): She played herself.
- My Name Is Earl (2005–09): She played Joy Turner, one of the main characters of the show.
- Las Vegas (2006): She played Kerry Kowalski in the episode titled Coyote Ugly.
- Rules of Engagement (2010): She played Pam Milton in two episodes.
- Raising Hope (2011–13): She played the role of Donna.
- I Hate My Teenage Daughter (2011–13): She portrayed Annie Watson in 13 episodes of the show.
- Two and a Half Men (2013): She featured as Tammy in two episodes of the series.
- Phineas and Ferb (2013): She voiced a character named Rosie.
- Melissa & Joey (2013): She played Meredith in the episode titled, A New Kind of Christmas.
- Hot in Cleveland (2014): She acted as Kelly in the TV show.
- Jennifer Falls (2014): She played Jennifer Doyle in 10 episodes of the show.
- Mom (2014–present): She joined the series in its second season and has been playing the role of Jill Kendall since then.
- The Guest Book (2017): She portrayed Christy.
- BoJack Horseman (2018): She voiced the character Sadie in the series.
- Best Actress (2000): She acted the role of Karen Kroll in the TV production.
- The Johnny Chronicles (2002): She portrayed the character, Charlie.
- Evel Knievel (2004): She played Linda Bork in the TV movie.
- The Karate Dog Ashley (2004): She acted as Ashley Wilkenson.
- Rex (2009): She played Jaime in the short TV movie.
- Smoke Screen (2010): Britt Shelley
- Livin' on a Prayer (2010): She acted as Steph.
- Beauty & the Briefcase (2010): She played the role of Kate White
- Bad Girls (2012): She played the character Melinda in the TV series.
- The Greatest Footie Ads Ever (2012): She played the character Deneice.
- Finders Keepers (2014): She played Alyson Simon in the TV movie.
She voiced the character, Jessica Parish in a 2000 video game, Saints Row 2. She has also featured in music videos by Aerosmith, Dave Matthews Band, Marilyn Manson, Youngbloodz, Aron Lowenstein and Michael Bublé.
Jaime Pressly awards and nominations
Jaime Pressly has been nominated for 17 awards so far in her career and has won five of those awards.
Golden Globes Awards
- In 2008 she was nominated for Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Series, Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television for her portrayal of Joy Turner in the TV series My Name Is Earl.
Primetime Emmy Awards
- In 2007 she won the award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series for her role as Joy Turner in My Name is Earl.
- In 2006 she was nominated for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series for her portrayal of Joy Turner in My Name Is Earl.
Denver Film Critics Society
- In 2010 Jamie along with her castmates, Paul Rudd, Jason Segel, Rashida Jones, J.K. Simmons, Jane Curtin and Jon Favreau in the movie I Love You Man were nominated for DFCS Best Acting Ensemble Award.
Gold Derby Awards
- She was nominated for TV Breakthrough Performer of the Year in 2006.
- In 2006 she won Gold Derby TV Award Comedy Supporting Actress for her portrayal of the character Joy Turner in My Name Is Earl.
- In 2007 she received Gold Derby TV Award Comedy Supporting Actress nomination for her role in My Name Is Earl.
Monte-Carlo TV Festival
- In 2007 she won Golden Nymph awards for Outstanding Actress in a Comedy Series.
MTV Movie & TV Awards
- In 2002 she was nominated for Best Line award for her line "Oh, it's already been broughten!" in Not Another Teen Movie.
Online Film & Television Association
- In 2007 she won the award for Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series for her role in My Name Is Earl.
- In 2006 she won the award for Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series for her performance in My Name Is Earl.
- In 2007 she was nominated for Best Actress in a Supporting Role in a Series, Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television for her work in My Name Is Earl.
Screen Actors Guild Awards
- In 2007 she received a nomination for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Comedy Series for her performance in My Name Is Earl.
- In 2006 she was nominated for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series for her role in My Name Is Earl. She shared with her co-stars Jason Lee Eddie, Steeples Ethan and Suplee Nadine Velazquez.
Teen Choice Awards
- In 2008 she received a nomination for Choice TV Actress: Comedy for her role in My Name Is Earl.
- In 2006 she was nominated for Choice Actress in Comedy for her performance in My Name Is Earl.
- In 2002 she was nominated Teen Choice Award's Choice Breakout Performance by an Actress for her performance in Not Another Teen Movie.
Jaime Pressly relationships and marriage
Who is Jaime Pressly husband? Jaime Pressly husband was entertainment lawyer Simran Singh. Jamie and Simran got married on September 26, 2009 on a cliff overlooking the Pacific Ocean inside Richard Clark's estate in Malibu, California.
They were married for over a year before the actress filed for divorce in 2011, citing irreconcilable differences.
Before getting married to Singh, the actress dated celebrity DJ Eric Calvo for some years. The two met in 1996; they were just friends for seven years until 2004 when they began dating. They got engaged in 2006 after Jaime became pregnant.
She gave birth to her first child, Dezi James Calvo, in May 2007. The couple separated in November 2008. Pressly is currently with her long-term boyfriend Hamzi Hijazi; the two have twin boys together.
Jaime Pressly babies were born in October 2017. The twins were named Leo and Lenon Hijazi. Jaime Pressly now has three children.
How much is Jaime Pressly worth?
Jaime Pressly net worth is estimated to be 25 million dollars. She has made her fortune from her work as an actor, model and producer.
Margot Robbie and Jaime Pressly
There are lots of actors in Hollywood who could easily pass as twins. One such combination of actors is Jaime Pressly and Oscar-nominated actress Margot Robbie. Although Margot Robbie and Jaime Pressly have a striking resemblance, they are not related at all.
Though the stars share similar facial features, their differences are more than their similarities. Jaime Pressly age is 47 years, she is American, and she is a mom of three boys. Maggot Robbie, on the other hand, is Australian, she is 29 years old and does not have kids yet.
Margot Robbie is not the only celebrity fans assume Jaime Pressly is related to. One of the questions many fans of Pressly seek answers to is- is Jaime Pressly related to Elvis?
The answer is no, Jaime Pressly is not related to Elvis Presley. Although their surnames have similar pronunciation and spelling, the actress and the late king of rock and roll are not related.
Jaime Pressly weight gain
On season 4 of Mom, the actress' character Jill Kendall gained a lot of weight, and this made many Pressly and Mom fans wonder if Pressly actually gained all that weight in real life.
During season 4 of Mom, Pressly did gain some weight in real life because she was pregnant with her twins then. However, she did not gain as much weight as her character on the show.
For season four of Mom, writers of the show decided to write an eating addiction, weight gain and a wellness retreat into Jill’s storyline to perfectly hide Jaime’s pregnancy. Jill’s wellness retreat covered the time Pressly was away from the show on maternity leave.
Jaime Pressly measurements
Despite being a mother of three boys, the beautiful actress' hourglass body is a stunner any day. She weighs 54 kg, Jaime Pressly height is 5 feet 5 inches; her dress size is 4 (US), and she wears size 8 (US) shoes. Her body measurements are 36-24-36 inches.
- The actress almost purchased a ticket for a flight on one of the planes that crashed into the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001.
- She has a tattoo of a blue Leo sign with Japanese writing that means "healthy, strong, and brave".
- She hates doing love scenes.
- She wrote a book titled It's Not Necessarily Not the Truth: Dreaming Bigger Than the Town You're From. She said the book is not a memoir but a love letter to her son and an uplifting story of redemption, fight and struggle of good and bad.
- She is the first person to appear on multiple covers of Stuff magazine.
- She hosted Saturday Night Live in 2006.
- She once struggled with bulimia.
- She publicly announced that even though she is a mother of three sons, her first son Dezi is her favourite child. Her statement did not go down well with many mothers who felt it was wrong for parents to choose a favourite among their children.
The actress is active on social media. She often posts photos of her family and her work on her pages. She has 168k followers on Instagram and 56k followers on Twitter.
Jaime Pressly is an example of a real-life superwoman. With grace and beauty, she perfectly combines being a working actress with being a producer, an author, a mom and a partner.