Coronavirus: Seven COVID-19 patients discharged in Abuja

Coronavirus: Seven COVID-19 patients discharged in Abuja

- Seven COVID-19 patients have been discharged in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT)

- The patients were reportedly discharged after the recovering and testing negative for the virus twice

- Similarly, the Lagos state government has discharged another patient who has fully recovered from the coronavirus infection, making the total recoveries in the state stand at 32

Seven coronavirus patients have been discharged from their isolation centre in Abuja on Tuesday, April 7, after testing negative twice for the virus, The Nation reports.

Similarly, the Lagos state government earlier announced that it has discharged another patient who has fully recovered from the coronavirus infection.

Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu who made the disclosure in a tweet on Tuesday said the patient, a female, was discharged from the Infectious Disease Hospital in Yaba.

Sanwo-Olu said the recovery of the patient brings the total number of people that have been discharged in the state to 32.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read the best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

In another related report, Dapo Abiodun, the Ogun state governor, on Monday, April 6, disclosed that two new cases of coronavirus disease had been recorded in the state.

Abiodun who said this while addressing newsmen on the update on the disease added that the two new cases are “significant” because they have no history of recent travel or contacts with any of the positive cases so far.

Legit.ng gathered that the governor said the development had become a source of concern to the government in its efforts to contain the virus.

He explained the two cases were from Obafemi Owode and Ilaro in Yewa South local government areas of the state.

Also on coronavirus, the speaker of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila, has met with the minister of health, Osagie Ehanire, the minister of state for health, Olorunnimbe Mamora, and others over the invitation of medical experts from China to help fight the pandemic.

Gbajabiamila disclosed this in a series of tweets via his official Twitter page on Tuesday, April 7.

The speaker noted that he held a meeting with the two ministers over concerns expressed by many Nigerians and medical practitioners in Nigeria on the engagement of Chinese medical experts for the management of the COVID-19 pandemic in the country.

The Medical and Dental Consultants Association of Nigeria (MDCAN), University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital (UITH) chapter had warned the federal government that inviting medical experts from China to help in fighting coronavirus pandemic could pose health dangers for the country.

The chairman of the association, Dr Muhammed Adeboye, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Saturday, April 4, in Ilorin that the current cases of COVID-19 in the country do not require foreign assistance.

He said Nigeria was not overwhelmed by coronavirus cases and does not need any professional help from any part of the world.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng Same great journalism, upgraded for better service!

Coronavirus: Staying home for 2weeks is ‘sufferness’ | Legit TV

Source: Legit Newspaper

Mailfire view pixel