- Muhammadu Sanusi II has reacted to the Kano state government order that removed him from office
- Sanusi in a video admitted that he has accepted his dethronement while describing it as an act of destiny
- The dethroned monarch urged Kano people to be calm and support the new Emir
The dethroned Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II, has broken his silence on his removal from office. This is coming after the former ruler was dethroned on Monday, March 9, following allegations of consistently refusing to abide by the state government's instructions.
The former monarch in a video that lasted over four minutes and was recorded in Hausa reacted to his dethronement by the Kano government.
According to Premium Times, Sanusi in his message which reportedly was recorded at the palace before he was whisked away into exile accepted his dethronement as an act of destiny.
He said: “With almost six years on this throne and (in charge of) our heritage. Today, the Almighty Allah, who gave me the leadership has destined to take it back.
“As I always say, leadership has predetermined tenure, the days Allah destined are numbered. When the days come to an end one must leave. We have accepted whatever Allah decides. We have agreed. We appreciate (God). We are happy and we know it is what is best for us.”
In another report by Daily Trust, the former traditional ruler of Kano said in good faith he has accepted what has happened to him. He called on his associates and the people of Kano to live in peace and support the new Emir of Kano Alhaji Aminu Ado Bayero.
Legit.ng previously reported that the Kano state government announced Alhaji Aminu Ado Bayero as the new emir for the ancient town.
The Nation reports that Bayero, the son of late Emir Ado Bayero, replaced Muhammad Sanusi 11, who was dethroned and banished to Nasarawa state.
Four kingmakers of Kano elected a new emir, following the deposition of Emir Muhammadu Sanusi II earlier on Monday, March 9.
In a related development, former President Olusegun Obasanjo has released a statement in reaction to the dethronement of Mallam Muhammadu Sanusi II as the Emir of Kano.
The former president in a letter dated Monday, March 9, and addressed to the sacked monarch described Sanusi's dethronement as “sad and good news”. The letter was shared on Twitter by former Kogi state senator, Dino Melaye.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng Same great journalism, upgraded for better service!
Nigeria Latest News: Emir Sanusi Says Mosques Should be Converted into Schools | - on Legit TV