Beverly Naya raises alarm over lack of health precautions at entry points

Beverly Naya raises alarm over lack of health precautions at entry points

- Actress Beverly Naya has taken to social media to cry out over the lack of health precautions in Nigeria

- The actress narrated her experience from Accra, Ghana to Lagos state, Nigeria

- Naya explained that there are no precautions taken at entry points in Nigeria despite the spread of Coronavirus

For some weeks now, a virus known as Coronavirus has killed many in different parts of the world. The virus, which causes illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases, recently broke out in China.

The outbreak has killed over 1000 people and over 70,000 have been confirmed infected in China. The virus is said to have spread to other countries outside China.

Actress Beverly Naya, who recently came into Nigeria from Ghana, has raised alarm over the lack of health precaution at some entry points in the country.

PAY ATTENTION: Read best news on Nigeria's #1 news app

Media girl Stephanie Coker receives Bentley as push gift on Valentine's Day

The actress noted that there were no health precautions in place when she came into the country despite the fact that researchers have warned that cases might be going undetected in some nations.

PAY ATTENTION: Do you have news to share? Contact Legit.ng instantly

According to her, in Accra, she was asked to fill out a health form on the plane while she was on her way back to Lagos state. She noted that on getting to Lagos no one asked her for the form and she was already on third mainland bridge.

READ ALSO: NAIJ.com upgrades to Legit.ng: a letter from our Editor-in-Chief Bayo Olupohunda

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had earlier reported that two persons who came into Nigeria from China have tested negative to coronavirus. This was disclosed by Emeka Oguanuo, an official of the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), on Saturday, February 15.

Tboss gets Nigerians talking with photos of her breastfeeding baby

The NCDC director-general, Chikwe Ihekweazu, had earlier said the centre was conducting tests on travelers from China. On Tuesday, February 4, the NCDC boss said that despite global concern over the outbreak of coronavirus, the disease was not as deadly as the media has painted it.

He stated this while addressing members of the House of Representatives committee on health services. He further said the Nigerian government has put in place measures to identify cases of the coronavirus, adding that airport authorities and other relevant agencies of government have intensified screening.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have upgraded to serve you better

Coronavirus: No Nigerian has been infected - Chinese Ambassador - on Legit TV

Source: Legit Nigeria

Mailfire view pixel