I will not challenge my loss at tribunal - Jibrin reacts after losing Kano rerun

I will not challenge my loss at tribunal - Jibrin reacts after losing Kano rerun

- Abdulmumin Jibrin has reacted to his loss during rerun election

- The lawmaker said he was robbed by the opposition in the state

- Jibrin, however, said that he would not challenge his loss at tribunal

Barely twenty-four after his devastating loss during a rerun in Kiru/Bebeji federal constituency of Kano state, Jibrin Abdulmumin, has reacted.

Legit.ng reports that the lawmaker made the reaction in a tweet on his Twitter page on Monday, January 27, adding that he did not lose the election but was robbed by his political opponents in the state.

He emphasised that his mandate was stolen through the use of brutal force by the opposition,

"Yesterday I released an official statement in respect of the re run election in my constituency. The full statement is attached to this tweet. Let me conclude with an emphasis that we did not lose that election but our mandate was stolen through the use of brutal force," he said.

CAN replies Femi Adesina over comments on murdered Adamawa pastor

Abdulmumin, however, said that he has congratulated the winner despite his rejection of the election results.

He also said he would not file petition against the victory of his opponent, adding that he would make no comment on the matter.

"However I have congratulated my opponent and will not file petition in court. I will make no further comment on this matter. I urge the media to please respect my decision. This is the end of another beginning. I have moved on," he said.

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that Jibrin alleged that his mandate was stolen at the polls.

It was reported that Jibrin said he would not challenge the outcome and would work with the winner to advance the interest of the constituency.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

You will regret at end of your tenure, Kwankwaso replies Ganduje

In a statement he issued to newsmen in Kano on Sunday, January 26, Jibrin alleged that election did not take place in most areas, but results written and announced by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) - Legit.ng We have upgraded to serve you better

Protest erupts over the loss of Kogi state PDP women leader - on Legit TV

Source: Legit

Online view pixel