Shaun Dooley bio: wife, voice over, movies and TV shows
Shaun Dooley is an English actor and voice-over artist who has graced the screens with a wide variety of roles. He is known for appearing on shows like Misfits, Cuffs, Broadchurch, Coronation Street, and most recently, in the Netflix hit series, The Witcher.
Learn more about his personal life and diverse acting roles.
- Name: Shaun Dooley
- Age: 45 years
- Birthday: March 30, 1974
- Place of birth: Barnsley, UK
- Zodiac sign: Aries
- Nationality: British
- Siblings: Kimberly and Stephanie Dooley
- Spouse: Polly Cameron
- Children: Four; three daughters and a son
- Eye color: Brown
- Height: 6 feet/ 1.83 meters
- Hair color: Black
- Profession: Actor, voice over artist
Apart from playing leading roles in horror films like The Awakening, he has also done several voice-overs for documentaries, showing his versatility in the acting craft.
Shaun was born on March 30, 1974, in Barnsley, South Yorkshire, to parents Denis and Ann Dooley. He has two younger sisters, Kimberly Dooley and Stephanie Dooley.
Shaun and Stephanie both went on to pursue acting careers. Not much is known about his childhood and early life. He studied in Manchester at the Arden School of Theatre in the years 1992 to 1995.
Is Shaun Dooley related to Stacey Dooley, a well-known British journalist? No, he is not.
Shaun Dooley wife
Actor Shaun Dooley married Polly Cameron in 1999. His wife is a casting director for soap operas. The couple has been married for over 20 years and is blessed with four children.
Their successful marriage is one to admire, given the pressures of being in the limelight and lasting as long as it has. The couple made an album in 2019 called 'Got It Covered'. It features prominent British actors singing covers of songs as a way to fundraise for BBC Children in Need.
Shaun Dooley movies and TV shows
Shaun Dooley started acting in 1997 with his first role in the short film, ‘Groove on a Stanley Knife.’ His long resume of roles is evidence of his incredible talent and versatility in bringing characters to life. Here is a complete list of his movies:
- The Mark of Cain (2007): He played the role of Corporal Grant. The role saw him win the RTS Northwest Award for Best Actor.
- Eden Lake (2008): He played the role of Jon in the thriller film.
- The Woman in Black (2012): Shaun played Fisher alongside Daniel Radcliffe who starred as Arthur Kipps in the fantasy-horror movie.
- Salvage (2006): Took on the part of Kieran in this horror film.
- Red Riding (2009): He featured in the three-part trilogy as Alderman.
He has featured in the following TV shows:
- Coronation Street (1997-1998): He starred as Richie Fitzgerald.
- EastEnders (2001-2004): He made occasional appearances as Rev. Tom Stuart.
- Apparitions (2008): He starred as Liam in the BBC mini-series.
- Hustle (2011): He made a single appearance in Season 7.
- Misfits (2012-2013): He played Greg, a probation officer with intense anger issues.
- The White Queen (2013): As Sir Robert Brackenbury.
- Cuffs (2015): Starred as DC Carl Hawkins.
- Jamestown (2017): Appeared as Reverend Michaelmas Whitaker.
- Wolfblood (2014): Portrayed Kincaid in this young adult series.
- Gunpowder (2017): He played the role of Sir William Wade in this mini-series aired on BBC One.
- The Witcher (2019): Portrayed King Foltest in this Netflix series.
His theatre roles include:
- Stovepipe: Shaun was the lead in this production that showed at the West 12 Shopping Centre Shepherd's Bush
Shaun Dooley voice over roles
Some of Shaun Dooley's work featuring him as voice over include:
- Our War (2012): He narrated for the second season of Our War. The BBC documentary covers the war in Afghanistan as told by soldiers of the British Army.
- The Force: The Sky 1 series focuses on officers of the Greater Manchester Police Force.
- Idris Elba: Fighter (2017): Shaun narrated the journey that saw Idris Elba train to become a professional kickboxer.
- Space Dive (2012): This documentary by BBC takes a look at Felix Baumgartner’s incredible skydive from the edge of space.
- SAS: Who Dares Wins: He has narrated this Channel 4 series from 2015 to the present day
Shaun Dooley is an accomplished actor whose career is still going strong. His incredible talent has seen him take on a wide variety of roles and stretch out into narration for documentaries. Be sure to catch him on his latest role as King Foltest on The Witcher.