Top Nigerian military general survives Boko Haram ambush

Top Nigerian military general survives Boko Haram ambush

- The theatre commander of Operation Lafiya Dole, Major Gen. Olusegun Adeniyi, has survived Boko Haram attack

- Boko Haram insurgents were said to have laid an ambush for the army general on Monday, January 6, while he was returning from Jakana area of Maiduguri

- General Adeniyi's vehicle was said to have been badly damaged and riddled with gun holes after the attack

A report by Daily Trust indicates that Boko Haram insurgents on the night of Monday, January 6, ambushed the convoy of the theatre commander of Operation Lafiya Dole, Major Gen. Olusegun Adeniyi.

Legit.ng gathered that General Adeniyi survived the attack which took place few kilometres away from Jakana around 7:20pm.

The newspaper reports that a military source said the theatre commander was on his way back to Maiduguri after a visit to troops who were recently deployed to Jakana.

The troops were deployed to Jakana in order to protect lives and property in the general area against Boko Haram attack.

Nigerian soldier goes on stabbing spree, kills colleague, injures many (photo)
Top Nigerian military general survives Boko Haram ambush

Nigerian troops were deployed to Jakana to maintain the peace there.
Source: UGC

“As we were coming back to Maiduguri after we left Jakana, suddenly we started hearing gunshots all over the place.

"They bombarded us with heavy fire from different angle but our men with the Theatre commander successfully repelled the attack,” the source was quoted as saying.

It was learnt that the vehicle of the theatre commandant was badly damaged, riddled with gun holes from the attack.

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that the security personnel of the Nigeria military and police were accused of collecting bribes of N1000 from travellers who do not have national identity cards in Borno state.

It was reported that the allegation was made on Monday, January 6, by the state governor, Babagana Zulum.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read the best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

The governor made the accusation when he visited the Maiduguri-Damaturu highway where thousands of travellers were stranded because security officials manning the highway locked it down.

Many killed in battle as soldiers repel another Boko Haram attack in Borno state

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng Same great journalism, upgraded for better service!

Can Nigerian Soldiers really not deal with Boko Haram fighters?| - on Legit TV

Source: Legit

Mailfire view pixel