Best Fight Club quotes from the book and movie
If you are a movie lover, then you probably know a few Fight Club quotes from the book and movie. Based on the 1996 novel written by Chuck Palahniuk, the movie Fight Club was out in 1999. It is an American movie that was directed by David Fincher. It stars Brad Pitt as Tyler, Helena Bonham Carter as Marla and Edward Norton as the Narrator.
This film touches on some of the truths and realities of life. This explains why the movie rose to become one of the most-watched and controversial films of its time. It is not surprising, therefore, that several sayings from both the book and movie have become popular ever since. Here are a few of the best.
Best Fight Club quotes
These are some of the Fight Club quotes that stand out. Any true fan will recognize them anywhere.
- You know how they say you only hurt the ones you love? Well, it works both ways.
Hurt is two-way traffic. When you hurt those you love, chances are that they will hurt you back in one way or another. It is never isolated.
- Ok. You f**k me, then snub me. You love me, you hate me. You show me a sensitive side, then you turn into a total a**hole. Is this a pretty accurate description of our relationship.
Relating to people is not always easy. It is not always black and white. There are shades of grey in between. Understanding this makes it much more bearable.
- At the time, my life just seemed too complete, and maybe we have to break everything to make something better out of ourselves.
It appears as though perfection is an illusion. Sometimes people create their own havoc so that they can have something to work on to improve themselves. Do not hold it against them.
- May I never be complete. May I never be content. May I never be perfect.
It is the feeling and thoughts of completeness that get in the way of people's greatness. Refuse to think of yourself as a success and you increase your chances of becoming better.
- Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy sh*t we don't need.
Be careful not to be swept in the wave of advertisement. It is not always true that we need the things they have us thinking are mandatory. Do not slave for what you may end up discarding.
- The girl is infectious human waste, and she's confused and afraid to commit to the wrong thing and so she won't commit to anything.
Fear can hold us back and deny us good things and experiences. Be one of the few that risk no matter what the outcome will be. You will be thankful that you risked it.
Fight Club book quotes
Check out the following quotes from Fight Club. These will be clearer to those that have read the book. Either way, they are phenomenal. You may actually learn a thing or two if you read the books. Feel inspired by the following Fight Club quotes book excerpts before you get started.
- Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite s*x. Stop the excessive shopping and mast**bation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned.
This powerful warning may come as a shock to many. However, the reality of the words written in there will capture anyone that has an open mind. Sometimes humans operate as though they are robots, always following orders and other people's suggestions. Maybe true living is in doing what you think and want as opposed to waiting on someone else's directives.
- ''If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
Make a habit of always knowing what you want. This will save you a lot of trouble of collecting unnecessary baggage.
- Stop trying to control everything and just let go! LET GO
Most things are not in our control. We get confused and anxious every time we try to control what we were not meant to in the first place.
Fight Club movie quotes
Some of the Fight Club best quotes are actually from the movie. There is something about visuals that bring a lot of subjects into perspective. This is exactly what the cast of the movie has done. If you are not into reading, then you should consider getting yourself a copy of the movie. Meanwhile, going through these sayings will give you a general idea of what the movie is all about.
- The things you used to own, now they own you.
We should be careful not to become slaves to the things that we worked hard to possess.
- Today is the sort of day where the sun only comes up to humiliate you.
We all have those kinds of days where nothing, not even natural blessings, seem to be on your side.
- Everyone smiles with that invisible gun in their head.
This may sound wicked but it gives one a sense of fulfilment that is difficult to explain.
- We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.
Sometimes the things we heard in our childhood were meant to encourage us to become better people. This does not necessarily mean that they were all true. You only need to grow up to realize the truth which may not be very pleasing.
- The lower you fall, the higher you'll fly.
Do not be afraid to fall. This may be the beginning of your rise even if it does not appear as such.
- Maybe self improvement isn't the answer, maybe self destruction is.
One of the two options must work. Decide which one you want to follow.
- It might have been too much.
Accepting that things are overwhelming is not a show of weakness but proof of strength. It is never easy to reach out for help.
Famous Fight Club quotes
While there is a lot that can be captioned form both the movie and book, only the best quotes from Fight Club get to be famous. Here are a few of those that truly stand out.
- It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything
Sometimes the beginning of all good things is after the greatest loses in life. Not all fights are worthless.
- I don't want to die without any scars.
A scar is a show that you fought a good fight and won. As long as you are fighting for a good course, then there is no need to fear scars that come with it.
- This is your life and its ending one moment at a time
Take chances as if your life depends on it. In the end, no one will leave this world alive. It is best to make the most of every opportunity.
- You are not your job, you're not how much money you have in the bank. You are not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You are not your f**king khakis. You are all singing, all dancing cr*p of the world.
The moment you know who you truly are, then you will appreciate yourself more and will stop taking yourself for granted. A lot of things will cease making you frustrated because you have the secret to the truth and that is that all things are fleeting.
- I let go. Lost in oblivion. Dark and silent and complete. I found freedom. Losing all hope was freedom
It is in letting things go that one finds true freedom. Clinging on to things only wears down the heart in a way that is impossible to repair sometimes.
Some of the best Fight Club quotes are inspiring. After watching the movie or reading the book, one realizes that sometimes what has been pushed on you by society is not what truly matters. It is important to work on creating your own reality as opposed to blindly following the ideologies of other people, especially if they do not apply to your situation.