- Some armed bandits have launched an attack on travellers on Abuja-Kaduna Expressway
- The bandits killed three travellers and kidnapped dozens during the attack on the highway
- A commercial driver who narrowly escaped the attack said the incident occurred along Olam farms
Three people have been killed by some armed bandits along the Abuja-Kaduna Expressway on Tuesday, August 27.
Daily Trust reports that the victims of the bandit attack were travellers on the now deadly Abuja-Kaduna Expressway.
Jibrin Adamu, a commercial driver plying the expressway, who escaped the attack said that the bandits also kidnapped dozens of some of the travellers along Olam farm at about 5.30 pm.
Adamu said the bandits had during the attack opened fire on the vehicles killing three persons.
“The gunmen blocked the expressway and opened fire to vehicles passing by. They kidnapped dozens of people during the operations and took them into the bush," Adamu said.
“I saw three death bodies littered on the road and six vehicles of the victims parked on the roadside with all their doors open. They later left the operation area after about 30 minutes when a team of the military chased them away," the commercial driver added.
Noting that he narrowly escaped the attack, Adamu said he was driving some travellers from Abuja to Kaduna when the incident happened.
However, the spokesperson for the Kaduna state Police command, DSP Yakubu Sabo, asked for time to confirm the details of the attack from the DPO in charge of the area.
Meanwhile Legit.ng previously reported that an attack by some bandits on the Abuja-Kaduna Expressway was foiled by the convoy of the Kaduna state governor, Nasir El-Rufai.
Governor El-Rufai's security details successfully cleared the bandits off the highway as he directed that wounded victims of the attack be rushed to the nearest hospital.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng: Same great journalism, upgraded for better service!
Nigerians protest over killing of three policemen in Taraba | Legit TV