Jennie Garth is best known for playing the character of Valerie in What I Like About You. She is a seasoned actress who has starred in many television shows and films over the years. The Hollywood blonde has a resilient character that many people admire. She has suffered many trials and tribulations, but she always conquers everything with grace and a beautiful smile.
Jennifer Eve Garth, who is commonly known as Jennie Garth, was born on the 3rd of April 1972. How old is Jennie Garth? Jennie Garth age is 47 years old as of 2019. She was born in Urbana, Illinois, United States of America, and is the seventh and last child of her parents, John Garth and Carolyn Garth. She is, however, the only child of John and Carolyn. Her six siblings whose names are Johnny, Lisa, Chuck, Cammie, Lynn and Wendy are from her parents' previous relationships. Her nationality is American, and Aries is her star sign.
- Name: Jennifer Eve "Jennie" Garth (commonly known as Jennie Garth)
- Date of birth: 3rd of April 1972
- Place of birth: Urbana, Illinois, United States of America
- Zodiac sign: Aries
- Nationality: American
- Father: John Garth
- Mother: Carolyn Garth
- Siblings: 6 (Johnny, Lisa, Chuck, Cammie, Lynn and Wendy)
- Marriage: Daniel B. Clark (1994-1996); Peter Facinelli (2001-2013); David Abrams (2015 to date)
- Children: 3 daughters (Luca Bella, Lora Ray and Eve)
- Profession: Actress
- Net worth: About $8 million
Jennie Garth early life and education
Jennie was raised on a 24-acre horse ranch in the outskirts of Urbana, Illinois with all her six older sisters and brothers. Her family also temporarily lived in Tuscola, Illinois before finally settling in Glendale, Arizona when she was 13 years old. In Arizona, she took dance classes and also modelling training. At the time, she dreamed of going to college and owning a dance studio in her adulthood.
Jennie went to Greenway High School for her freshman year. She then transferred to Apollo High School for her sophomore year. At the age of 15 years, she participated in a talent show in her locality where she was spotted by Randy James, who was working as a Hollywood talent scout and manager. Randy encouraged her to pursue an acting career. She, therefore, channelled all her energy into becoming a successful actress.
After being discovered by Randy, Jennie dropped out of high school and moved to Los Angeles, California with her mother. Often, Jennie would receive audition materials from Los Angeles and worked with her coach, Jean Fowler, to enhance her acting skills. She went to auditions in Los Angeles almost daily. She later graduated with a high school diploma in California.
After being in Los Angeles for about four months, Jennie landed the role of Ericka McCray on A Brand New Life, which was a 1989 NBC series. This was her breakthrough role in Hollywood. She got many parts in subsequent years.
Jennie has starred in the following series and television shows:
- Growing Pains (1989): Jennie portrayed Denise in the episode Ben and Mike's Excellent Adventure.
- Brand New Life (1989-1990): She acted in 6 episodes of this show as Ericka McCray.
- Teen Angel Returns (1990): She acted as Karrie Donato in this series.
- Beverly Hills, 90210 (1990-2000): The actress played the leading role of Kelly Taylor in 292 episodes of the show. When she was acting in this series, her family was going through trying times. She, however, dealt with these issues behind the scenes. Regardless of the personal problems, she featured in all the ten seasons of the series.
- Melrose Place (1992): She featured in three episodes as Kelly Taylor. This was a spin-off from Beverly Hills, 90210 so she retained the character of Kelly Taylor.
- Danielle Steel's Star (1993): In this television movie, she acted as Crystal Wyatt.
- Lies of the Heart: The Story of Laurie Kellogg (1994): She starred as Laurie Kellogg in this television show.
- Without Consent (1994): The actress acted as Laura Mills in this television movie.
- Falling for You (1995): This was a television movie in which she played the role of Meg Crane.
- The Larry Sanders Show (1995): She appeared as herself on this show in the episode, Larry's Sitcom.
- Biker Mice from Mars (1995): She was the voice actress of the character Angel Revson in the episode, Hit the Road Jack.
- An Unfinished Affair (1996): In this television movie, she acted as Sheila Hart.
- A Loss of Innocence (1996): She featured as Chelnicia 'Chel' Bowen in this television movie.
- The $treet (2000-2001): Jennie featured in 8 episodes in the character of Gillian Sherman.
- Watching the Disney (2001): She featured as Celeste in this television movie.
- What I Like About You (2002–2006): She acted as Valerie "Val" Tyler in 86 episodes of the show. This played a leading role. This show revolved around the relationship of the Tyler sisters, their friendships and their love lives.
- The Last Cowboy (2003): She acted as Jacqueline 'Jake' Cooper in this television movie.
- Secret Santa (2003): She features as Rebecca Chandler.
- American Dad! (2006): She was the voice of Trudy Lawrence in the episode, Roger n' Me.
- Girl, Positive (2007): She starred as Sarah Bennett in this television movie. In it, she acted as an HIV positive teacher who went about her normal life despite being diagnosed with the virus. Her role was exceptional because it taught many infected people to accept themselves and live their lives to the fullest.
- Dancing with the Stars (2007): She appeared as herself in the fifth season of this competition. Derek Hough was her dancing partner, and the two reached the semi-finals stage.
- 90210 (2008-2010): Jennie Garth 90210 featured in 20 episodes as Kelly Taylor.
- Accidentally in Love (2011): She featured as Annie Benchley.
- A Christmas Wedding Tail (2011): She featured as Susan in this television movie.
- Village People (2012): She featured in this television movie as Alexa.
- Jennie Garth: A Little Bit Country (2012): This was a Jennie Garth TV show where she featured as herself.
- The Eleventh Victim (2012): She featured as Hailey Dean.
- Community (2013): Jennie acted as Ensign in the episode, Conventions of Space and Time.
- Holidaze (2013): She starred as Melody in this movie.
- Mystery Girls (2014): She acted in the leading role of Charlie Contour in 10 episodes of the show.
- The Jennie Garth Project (2014): She featured as herself in this reality series. It was about the renovation of her home.
- A Time To Dance (2016): She featured as Abby Reynolds in this television film.
- Robot Chicken (2016): she was the voice of Marie-Grace Gardner and Carol Brady in the episode, Secret of the Flushed Footlong.
- RuPaul's Drag Race (2017): Jennie appeared as herself in the ninth season of this reality series. She was a guest judge.
- The Mick (2018): She appeared as herself in the episode, The Climb.
- BH90210 (2019): She featured as Kelly Taylor. She is also a co-producer.
Jennie Garth movies
The actress' movie roles include:
- Power 98 (1996): She featured in this movie as Sharon Penn.
- My Brother's War (1997): She acted as Mary Fagan Bailey.
- Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story (2005): She featured as Kelly Taylor.
On the 21st of November 2008, Jennie appeared on Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader? She won $100,000 which she channelled to the charity program, American Heart Association. She is the spokesperson for the organisation's Go Red For Women campaign. The following year, she was part of The Boardroom, a web series by Candace Bushnell. She later had a cameo role in the episode Mary Mary Quite Contrary on the children's show Sesame Street.
In early 2010, she featured in Garden Party which was an iVillage web series by NBC Universal. It was about life on the farm and eating healthy farm-fresh products. On the 3rd of May 2017, the actress launched MomGiftBox.com. It is an online subscription box with fantastic products to inspire and pamper every mom. The proceeds of this venture go to charity organisations. In February 2018, Jennie worked closely with Dune Jewelry to launch their Travelling Heart Collection.
The honours that Jennie has received are the following:
- Jennie Garth hot looks saw her being ranked 59th on the 100 Sexiest Women of 2000 list by FHM.
- In 2001, she was ranked 93rd on the list of 100 Sexiest Women of 2001 by FHM.
Nominations and awards
Jennie's awards and nominations are:
- In 1992 she was nominated for the award of Best Female TV Star.
- In 1993 she was nominated for the award of Best Female TV Star.
- In 1994, she was the winner of the Best Female TV Star.
Character and Morality in Entertainment Awards
- In 2005 she was declared the winner of an award for her work in Secret Santa.
Kids' Choice Awards, USA
- In 1993, she was nominated for the award of Favorite TV Actress for her work in Beverly Hills, 90210.
- In 2008, she was the winner of the Best Performance in a TV Movie or Miniseries Award for her role in Girl, Positive.
Teen Choice Awards
- In 1999 she was nominated for the award of TV - Choice Actress for her role in Beverly Hills, 90210.
Young Artist Awards
- In 1991, she was nominated for the award of Best Young Actress Supporting or Re-Occurring Role for a TV Series for her role in Beverly Hills, 90210.
- In 1992 Jennie was declared the winner of the Best Young Actress Co-starring in a Television Series Award for her work in Beverly Hills, 90210.
Jennie Garth net worth
From her bustling career, Jennie has earned money that allows her to live a fabulous life. The actress owns a horse ranch in Santa Barbara, California as well as other properties. She is currently part of the cast in BH90210 which is a 2019 meta reboot of Beverly Hills, 90210. For this role, she reportedly earns $70,000 per episode. Although she is yet to disclose the amount of money she made from each of her previous acting roles, her net worth is estimated at $8 million.
Relationships and marriage
Jennie has been married three times. From 1994 to 1996, she was married to Daniel B. Clark, a musician. After the couple broke up, she met Peter Facinelli, an actor on the set of the film, An Unfinished Affair, in 1995. The two fell in love and got married years later in a traditional Catholic wedding. The actress voluntarily converted into a Catholic for the wedding ceremony to take place. The couple got married on the 20th of January 2001.
In their marriage union, Jennie and Peter bore three daughters. Luca Bella, the first Jennie Garth daughter, was born in 1997. In 2002, the couple welcomed their second daughter, whose name is Lora Ray. Their last child, Eve, was born in 2006. Peter filed for divorce in March 2012. Their marriage was annulled in June the following year.
In the fall of 2014, Jennie met and fell in love with actor David Abrams. The two met on a blind date. The actor engaged her in April 2015, and the couple got married on the 11th of July 2015. David, who is nine years younger than the actress, is Jennie Garth husband to date. In 2017, the couple separated. In April 2018, they filed for divorce. However, they worked out their issues before their marriage was annulled. David filed a petition in February 2019 to dismiss the ongoing divorce proceedings.
In 2002, Jennie's doctors established that she had a leaky heart valve. She has since been under close monitoring by her doctor and opened about it in 2009. Her weight has also been a struggle for a long time. Jennie Garth weight has in the past fluctuated due to various reasons. In 2017, many people noted Jennie Garth weight gain. She later admitted that she had not been working out. Today she is dedicated to personal fitness and health because she wants to maintain a hot body for her husband.
Jennie is active on social media. She has an Instagram account and a Twitter account. Fans can catch up with her work and non-work related adventures on these platforms. She often posts photos of her three lovely daughters on Instagram.
Jennie Garth is an experienced Hollywood actress who started acting in her younger years. She is also a mother of three daughters. Her strength inspires her daughters and other women globally. Currently, she is one of the main characters in the 2019 reboot of Beverly Hills, 90210, BH90210.