Bible verses about helping others
Bible verses about helping others must be heard by every Nigerian man. Our country needs friendly, intelligent people, who love their nation and land. Let’s live in peace and build the country of our dreams! Follow the words of God and let these help quotes show you the right way to communicate with the people around.
Inspirational bible quotes about helping people
- Hebrews 13:16: Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God.
- Philippians 2:4: Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.
- Luke 6:38: Give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you.”
- 1 John 3:17: But if anyone has the world's goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's love abide in him?
- Galatians 6:2: Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.
- Proverbs 19:17: Whoever is generous to the poor lends to the Lord, and he will repay him for his deed.
- Acts 20:35: In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’”
- Matthew 25:35-40: For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ ...
- Proverbs 22:9: Whoever has a bountiful eye will be blessed, for he shares his bread with the poor.
- John 15:12: “This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.
- James 2:14-17: What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
- Romans 15:1: We who are strong have an obligation to bear with the failings of the weak, and not to please ourselves.
READ ALSO: Bible verses on fruitfulness
- Matthew 5:42: Give to the one who begs from you, and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you.
- Deuteronomy 15:11: For there will never cease to be poor in the land. Therefore I command you, ‘You shall open wide your hand to your brother, to the needy and to the poor, in your land.’
- Matthew 5:16: In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.
- James 1:27: Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.
- Romans 12:13: Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality.
- Proverbs 3:27: Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to do it.
Bible verses about loving others
- Luke 3:10-11: And the crowds asked him, “What then shall we do?” And he answered them, “Whoever has two tunics is to share with him who has none, and whoever has food is to do likewise.”
- Luke 12:33-34: Sell your possessions, and give to the needy. Provide yourselves with moneybags that do not grow old, with a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches and no moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
- Proverbs 28:27: Whoever gives to the poor will not want, but he who hides his eyes will get many a curse.
- Hebrews 6:10: For God is not unjust so as to overlook your work and the love that you have shown for his name in serving the saints, as you still do.
- 1 Timothy 5:8: But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.
- Proverbs 14:31: Whoever oppresses a poor man insults his Maker, but he who is generous to the needy honors him.
- John 15:13: Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends.
- Ephesians 4:28: Let the thief no longer steal, but rather let him labor, doing honest work with his own hands, so that he may have something to share with anyone in need.
- Matthew 10:8: Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse lepers, cast out demons. You received without paying; give without pay.
- Isaiah 58:10: If you pour yourself out for the hungry and satisfy the desire of the afflicted, then shall your light rise in the darkness and your gloom be as the noonday.
- Proverbs 14:21: Whoever despises his neighbor is a sinner, but blessed is he who is generous to the poor.
- Isaiah 1:17: Learn to do good; seek justice, correct oppression; bring justice to the fatherless, plead the widow's cause.
Bible verses about encouraging others
READ ALSO: Bible quotes on strength in hard times
- James 1:5: If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.
- Romans 12:8: The one who exhorts, in his exhortation; the one who contributes, in generosity; the one who leads, with zeal; the one who does acts of mercy, with cheerfulness.
- Matthew 25:40: And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’
- Proverbs 11:25: Whoever brings blessing will be enriched, and one who waters will himself be watered.
- Proverbs 21:13: Whoever closes his ear to the cry of the poor will himself call out and not be answered.
- Galatians 6:9: And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
- Proverbs 29:7: A righteous man knows the rights of the poor; a wicked man does not understand such knowledge.
- 1 John 4:19-20: We love because he first loved us. If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen.
- Luke 8:3: And Joanna, the wife of Chuza, Herod's household manager, and Susanna, and many others, who provided for them out of their means.
- Ephesians 4:29: Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.
- Matthew 19:21: Jesus said to him, “If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.”
- Isaiah 25:4: For you have been a stronghold to the poor, a stronghold to the needy in his distress, a shelter from the storm and a shade from the heat; for the breath of the ruthless is like a storm against a wall,
- Exodus 17:12: But Moses' hands grew weary, so they took a stone and put it under him, and he sat on it, while Aaron and Hur held up his hands, one on one side, and the other on the other side. So his hands were steady until the going down of the sun.
- John 3:16: For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
- Proverbs 31:9: Open your mouth, judge righteously, defend the rights of the poor and needy.
- 2 Thessalonians 3:10: For even when we were with you, we would give you this command: If anyone is not willing to work, let him not eat.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:11: Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.
If you like reading wisdom words from Bible, share it with your friends and family. Let’s be more united!
READ ALSO: God quotes about life