Barcelona target Willian missing in Chelsea camp as Real launch £65M bid

Barcelona target Willian missing in Chelsea camp as Real launch £65M bid

- Barcelona and Manchester United target Willian is yet to report to Chelsea base camp for preseason preparations

- The 29-year-old was granted extended summer holiday after Russia 2018 World Cup

- He is also wanted by Real Madrid who recently launched a £65 million for the winger

Real Madrid have reportedly launched a £65 million bid for Manchester United and Barcelona target Willian.

The Brazilian was said to be missing in Chelsea's preseason training as they prepare to take on Arsenal in their International Champions Cup encounter on Wednesday, August 1.

He was expected to join his Blues teammates on Friday having being granted an extended summer holiday after representing his country at the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

READ ALSO: Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho okays the sale of Marcos Rojo

Meanwhile, Metro Sports quoting the Times, reports that Willian blamed his absence on a passport issue.

According to report coming from the camp of the Stamford Bridge outfit, the midfielder will return to the club this week.

Chelsea have earlier this month turned down offers from Spanish League champions Barcelona, while Madrid are said to have jumped in the chase for the forward as a replacement for Cristiano Ronaldo.

Reports claim that the west London club reduced their asking price for the player to £70 million after it was discovered that Barcelona were making a move for Malcom.

Chelsea are due to travel to Dublin on Tuesday evening ahead of their match against Arsenal on Wednesday.

PAY ATTENTION: Become a member of the leading sports Facebook group 'Naija Football Fan Zone'

Maurizio Sarri’s side will then face Manchester City on the Community Shield on Sunday before ending their pre-season preparations with a game at home to Lyon next Tuesday.

Legit.ng previously reported that Chelsea winger Willian revealed that he wants to stay at Stamford Bridge, despite rumours linking him with Barcelona and Manchester United.

The 29-year-old attacker told Globo Esporte: "I'm back to England. I'm very happy at Chelsea. I'm very happy living in London."

Those words from the Brazilian could leave both Barca and United frustrated after the Catalan side had three offers rejected while United remain keen.

Who is the better coach, Mourinho or Conte? - on Legit.ng TV

Source: Legit.ng

Mailfire view pixel