The University of Lagos is a higher educational institution that most students dream of getting into. Of course, there is a huge competition for places in this university. What are the primary requirements for getting there? Find out what is JAMB cut off mark for UNILAG in 2018.
What is JAMB cut off mark for UNILAG in 2018?
The University of Lagos, known also as UNILAG, was established in 1962. It has a huge amount of different discipline courses which will help the young students to achieve brand new knowledge, graduate with flying colors, and find a decent job. The motto of UNILAG is “In deed and in truth”. According to 2013 statistics, it has more than 57,000 students, more than 44,000 undergraduates, and more than 12,000 postgraduates.
If your dream is to become a student of the University of Lagos and you are planning to get a place there, you will probably be interested in cut off mark for UNILAG this year.
UNILAG cut-off mark 2018
Due to the high amount of people who want to study at the University of Lagos, the asdmission depends on a few things. These are your JAMB scores along with the O-level grades. In order to calculate your overall score, you will need to use the following system: university is one of the most popular and prestigious in Nigeria, and many students want to pursue their higher education there. So, in order to increase your chances of becoming a student of the University of Lagos, your examination result should be as high as possible.
Due to the high amount of people who want to study at the University of Lagos, the school's admission depends on a few things. These are your JAMB scores along with the O-level grades. In order to calculate your overall score, you will need to use the following:
- O-levels: 20%
- UTME (JAMB): 50%
- Post-UTME (JAMB): 30%
- A1 – 4 points
- B2 – 3.6 points
- B3 – 3.2 points
- C4 – 2.8 points
- C5 – 2.4 points
- C6 – 2.0 points
Use the grade point for calculating only your five core subjects.
For UTME (JAMB) score you should divide the UTME (JAMB) result by 8 and then divide the post-UTME (JAMB) score by 2 and after sum up two figures you get. Notice that the candidate for UNILAG entrance, who scores below 40% in post-UTME (JAMB) tests, will lose a chance to be admitted into the University of Lagos.
Now, we will give you this year’s cut-off marks provided by the University of Lagos for every faculty.
Faculty of Arts
- Creative Arts (Music) – 50.85
- Creative Arts (Theatre Arts) – 62.15
- Creative Arts (Visual Arts) – 55.80
- Chinese – 58.53
- English – 61.00
- French – 56.60
- Russian – 55.40
- History and Strategic Studies – 60.15
- Linguistics Igbo – 51.68
- Linguistics Yoruba – 55.55
- Philosophy – 58.88
Faculty of Business Administration
- Accounting – 68.65
- Actuarial Science – 61.78
- Business Administration – 60.70
- Finance – 63.08
- Industrial Relations and Personnel Management – 60.38
- Insurance – 60.95
Faculty of Education
- Adult Education – 51.15
- Education and Biology – 55.73
- Education and Chemistry – 51.18
- Education and Christian Religion Studies – 52.30
- Education and English – 61.90
- Education and French – 55.70
- Education and Geography – 54.75
- Education and History – 54.50
- Education and Home Economics – 52.93
- Education and Igbo – 50.2
- Education and Integrated Science – 52.45
- Education and Islamic Religion Studies – 52.05
- Education and Mathematics – 52.53
- Education and Physics – 52.85
- Education and Technology – 50.45
- Education and Yoruba – 54.70
- Education Business – 59.13
- Education Early Childhood – 57.88
- Education Economics – 60.23
- Educational Administration – 54.10
- Educational Foundations – 57.78
- Health Education – 51.05
- Human Kinetics – 50.83
Faculty of Science
- Biochemistry – 63.60
- Botany – 56.83
- Cell Biology and Genetics – 61.70
- Chemistry – 62.35
- Computer Science – 68.80
- Fisheries – 50.78
- Geology – 65.63
- Geophysics – 65.18
- Marine Biology – 57.18
- Mathematics – 63.83
- Microbiology – 61.75
- Physics – 58.43
- Zoology – 55.48
Faculty of Social Science
- Economics – 65.80
- Geography – 58.45
- Mass Communication – 65.70
- Political Science – 62.08
- Psychology – 62.98
- Social Work – 54.15
- Sociology – 60.10
Faculty of Engineering
- Chemical and Petroleum Engineering – 70.93
- Civil and Environmental Engineering – 71.18
- Computer Engineering – 73.73
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering – 72.40
- Mechanical Engineering – 74.00
- Metallurgical and Material Engineering – 64.23
- Petroleum and Gas Engineering – 67.90
- Surveying and Geo-Engineering – 60.35
- System Engineering – 70.40
Faculty of Environmental Science
- Architecture – 68.95
- Building – 59.05
- Estate Management – 62.03
- Quantity Surveying – 62.75
- Urban and Regional Planning – 60.95
Faculty of Law
- Law – 67.80
Faculty of Рharmacy
- Рharmacy – 70.93
Faculty of Medicine
- Dentistry – 70.53
- Medical and Laboratory Science – 67.65
- Medicine and Surgery – 77.03
- Nursing – 67.93
- Pharmacology – 66.55
- Physiology – 63.45
- Physiotherapy – 68.40
- Radiography – 66.70
How does UNILAG admission work?
Like in many other universities, in the University of Lagos, the admission is held during the few weeks. There are two phases of admission. The first one is pre-screening exercise, where you will have to bring your JAMB scores and the result of SSCE.
The next phase is internal screening, which takes place after the release of student admission lists. Those who have successfully passed the admission are invited to the University for another screening. You should bring the following documents with you:
- Minimum of five credits in Maths, English, and the other relevant subjects.
- Original copies of the educational qualifications (certificates/result statements). Awaiting results are not accepted.
- Birth certification or age declaration.
- The good conduct letter from the head of the village/community member/civil service member who is at least Grade Level 10 (or equivalent if it is the private sector).
- Certificate of origin.
- JAMB result slip.
- Secondary school testimonial.
- The recent photographs from a passport.
Only after passing both screening exercises successfully and providing all the necessary documentation, you will be given the opportunity to study at the University of Lagos.
You can go to UNILAG official website https://unilag.edu.ng/ to learn more about the university and read the latest news about UNILAG.