No country in the world will tolerate IPOB - FG
- The federal government said the Indigenous People Of Biafra (IPOB) was nearing its end
- It said no country can tolerate the actions and activities of the pro-Biafra group
- Lai Mohammed said proscription of IPOB by southeast governors was a good move
The federal government has promised to cut the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) down to size and that it is nearing its end with its proscription by the southeast governors.
The Punch reports that Alhaji Lai Mohammed who is the minister of information and culture made this position known on Wednesday, September 20 at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
READ ALSO: The Nigerian army is a joke, we will defend our people - Biafra National Guard announces
The minister said IPOB was already out of steam and that no government in the world would tolerate its operation.
Mohammed said: “Let me state clearly that it is within the rights of individuals or groups to seek self-determination. But this pursuit has to be non-violent. Where any group crosses the line by engaging in violence, it risks being cut to size and that’s exactly what has happened to IPOB.
“I am not interested in the semantics or legality of troop’s deployment or the proscription of IPOB. All I know is that IPOB has engaged in terrorist activities such as:
1. Setting up parallel military and paramilitary organisations,
2. Clashing with the national army
3. Attempting to seize rifles from soldiers
4. Using weapons such as machetes, molotov cocktails and sticks and
5. Mounting roadblocks to extort money from people, among others.
“To those who have engaged in semantics or legality, I ask: Which country in the world will tolerate those activities I have listed above? Which national army will look the other way when it is being attacked by a band of thugs?”
Meanwhile, Eze Israel Kanu, the father of Kanu, said that everything about his son is proposed by God.
Eze Kanu in an interview with Legit.ng said the ongoing Biafra agitation is so dear to young Kanu.
He also said that he is in total support of his son's agitation for the actualization of Biafra.
You can watch this Legit.ng exclusive video of Nnamdi Kanu's father speaking on his son's Biafra agitation below: