- Rashford has come up against talented African footballers since he made his Premier League debut in 2015
- Arsenal's Aubameyang and Mohamed Salah are among the players from Africa that Rashford has faced
- However, the Englishman contends Sadio Mane is the best African player from the cohort of those he has faced
- Mane has been in fine shape since his switch to Liverpool, helping the Reds win the Champions League and Premier League titles
- Individually, the winger has earned prestigious recognition over the years, including being named African Footballer of the Year in 2019
Man United star Marcus Rashford has singled out Liverpool's Sadio Mane for praise, claiming the Senegalese is the best African footballer in the Premier League.
Rashford said this during a Q&A session on Twitter on the evening of Monday, March 29.
The United forward had asked his more than four million followers to suggest questions for him when Goal.com asked him the greatest African player he has faced in the EPL since making his debut more than five years ago.
However, while responding to the question, the Englishman admitted he had come up against a number of great African footballers before he settled on Mane.
"I think there’s some great African talent in league at moment. Mane particularly," the United ace declared.
But Rashford's choice may not be a surprise to many especially considering Mane's remarkable career he has had with Liverpool since he joined them from Southampton.
The Senegalese has over the years played an integral part in Jurgen Klopp's success at Anfield to establish himself as one of the best forwards in the English top-flight.
Among the accolades Mane has won since Rashford made his debut include the Premier League and Champions League titles and the Golden Boot award during the 2018/19 season when he scored an impressive 22 goals.
Away from the Premier League, the 28-year-old has earned prestigious recognitions in the continent, making the Confederation of African Football's Team of the Year on four occasions.
In 2019, he was ranked fourth in the Ballon d'Or rankings, before being named the African Footballer of the Year in the same year ahead of fellow teammate, Mohamed Salah.
It is for these reasons Rashford perhaps settled on the ex-Southampton man as the best ahead of the pack given he has previously come up against other good players including Salah and Arsenal's Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.
Earlier, Legit.ng had reported how Portugal international Bruno Fernandes who currently plays for Manchester United was offered new five-year contract, but the big midfielder has refused to sign the paper.
Bruno Fernandes has been in incredible form this season for Manchester United since he joined the Red Devils from Sporting Lisbon.
He has scored 35 goals and providing 21 assists in 63 appearances in all competitions so far this term for Manchester United.