- A new report indicates that three more people have been released by the terrorists who attacked the Kaduna train on Monday, March 28
- The victims were reportedly released by the terrorists at a location inside the forest along the Kaduna-Abuja highway on Monday, July 25
- So far, 22 victims were reported to have regained their freedom, while 40 people are still in captivity
Kaduna - Terrorists have reportedly released three victims of 62 hostages of the abducted Abuja-Kaduna train passengers on Monday, March 28.
The victims, who consist of two males and a female, secured their freedom around 11am on Monday, July 25, according to Channels TV.
It was gathered that the victims were released by the terrorists at a location inside the forest along the Kaduna-Abuja highway.
The report stated further that they were picked up from the unknown location by their relatives.
PAY ATTENTION: Subscribe to Digital Talk newsletter to receive must-know business stories and succeed BIG!
So far, 22 victims were reported to have regained their freedom, while 40 people are still in the den of the terrorists.
It is however not clear if any money was paid to the terrorists to release their abducted victims.
With the release of the three victims, the number of those still in captivity now remains at 40.
Gunmen had on March 28 blown up the rail track, killing some and abducting scores of passengers, a situation that called for serious concern about the safety of the nation’s train.
New video shows abductors flogging passengers abducted onboard Abuja-Kaduna train
Earlier, Legit.ng reported that a new video allegedly released by the Islamic State in West Africa Province (ISWAP) shows abductors flogging passengers abducted onboard the Abuja-Kaduna train on Monday, March 28.
The video was shared on Twitter by Murtala Ibin, a conflict and security correspondent with a media platform with a focus on the coverage of insecurity across Africa, Human Angle.
The video shows the terrorists ferociously flogging the abducted passengers while they scream for help.
Kaduna train attack: Former military administrator pleads on behalf of son, daughter-in-law, other captives
Similarly, a former military administrator of Benue and Kano states has appealed to the Niger state governor, Abubakar Sani-Bello, to facilitate the release of his son, daughter-in-law and their four children.
General Idris Garba, over the weekend, said he is traumatised and having sleepless nights over the abduction of six members of his family by the terrorists who attacked the Abuja-Kaduna train.
Pleading with the governor during a sympathy visit to his Kaduna residence, the former military administrator said his family have been going through lots of nightmares since the incident occurred.