"Public Notice": EFCC Releases List of 88 Houses, Cars and Lands Available for Auction in Abuja, Lagos
- The EFCC has released a list of forfeited properties, including mansions, exotic cars, lands, and other valuable assets, for auction
- The properties are located in Abuja, Lagos, Port Harcourt, and other parts of the country
- Interested persons wishing to participate in the auction will have to meet a set of criteria by the EFCC
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has released a list of 88 seized properties, including mansions, exotic cars, lands, and other valuable assets, that are now available for auction sales.
Details released on EFCC's Facebook page showed the forfeited properties are situated in Abuja, Lagos, Port Harcourt, and other parts of the country.
According to the anti-graft agency, interested participants in the bidding process have until 12:00 noon Monday, 26th June 2023, to submit their bids.
EFCC statement reads:
PAY ATTENTION: Share your outstanding story with our editors! Please reach us through firstname.lastname@example.org!
The General Public is hereby notified that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) will conduct sale of the under listed Landed Properties that are subject of final Forfeiture orders in accordance with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (Establishment) Act, 2004, Public Procurement Act, 2007 and the Proceeds of Crime (Recovery and Management) Act, 2022.
Instruction for those looking to participate in the auction
EFCC, however, has set criteria for those looking to participate in the auction.
"To participate in the process, an interested party must meet the following criteria: Individual/ Corporate entity must not have been/ or is being prosecuted by the EFCC Directors of interested companies must not have been/ or are being prosecuted by the EFCC Individual/Corporate entity must not have been convicted of any economic and financial crimes in Nigeria or abroad.
"Individual must not be employees or members of the EFCC . Individuals occupying any of the properties listed may be given the Right of First Refusal provided that they have a valid tenancy agreement: must have paid rent up to date and must complete an Expression of Interest (EOI) Form.
List of some of the properties up for auction
- A 3-bedroom terrace duplex with a penthouse and a boys' quarters is available for sale as real estate in Abuja.
- There is a 2-bedroom apartment located in House No. AS, Brick City Spring Kubwa, Abuja.
- An undeveloped plot of land measuring 7.27 hectares is located in Plot 7107, Cadastral Zone E18, Wasa District, Abuja.
- There is one unit of a 2-bedroom detached bungalow at House 35, Road 2, Shelter Origins Estate, Maraba Loko, Nasarawa, as part of the real estate in Nasarawa.
Further details of the bidding process and the other list of properties can be found here.
Man sent to prison for converting 5kobo, N1, N2 coins into jewellery
In another report, a man in Kano has been sentenced to prison for converting Nigerian coins into jewellery for commercial purposes
The man, Ibrahim Musa Dabai, is now facing three months imprisonment or a fine of N30,000
The CBN has a strict law against currency abuse and has consistently warned Nigerians