Parents of the abducted Chibok school girls have marched to the Presidential Villa in Abuja to protest the whereabouts of the missing school girls, Legit.ng can authoritatively reports.
This comes 640 days after Boko Haram terrorists abducted over 200 Nigerian schoolgirls from the apparent safety of their dormitory in Chibok, Borno state of Nigeria.
Speaking at the protest, Dr. Oby Ezekwesili stated the need for the government to find quick solution to the missing girls. She said the group had earlier met with the president on July 8, and that they are at the Villa to discuss the promises he made to them.
However, in a swift reaction, Garba Shehu, the SSA on media to the president said that the members will see the president to explain their motive adding that all efforts will be made to see the school girls.
Premium Times reports that members of the Bring Back Our Girls group, alongside some parents of the missing school girls from Chibok, Borno state, thronged the entrance to the villa early Thursday, January 14.
But the group were instead met by a government team comprising the Minister of Women Affairs, Aisha Al-Hassan, as well as the Minister of Defense, Monsur Dan-Ali, the National Security Adviser, Mohammed Monguno, and the Chief of Defense Staff, Abayomi Olonishakin.
However, Women Affairs minister, Alhassan, told the group that because of the short notice given by the group, it was not possible to squeeze in the meeting with BBOG on Thursday.
She said the president was currently meeting with a visiting president of Benin Republic.
But in a swift response, Oby Ezekwesili, former minister of education and leader of the BBOG, accused the minister of not being fair. “You have been very unfair to us,” she said. “I don’t understand why you can be chiding the parents and the movement. These parents were triggered by the words of the president who promised to rescue their daughters," TheCable reports.
While she was still speaking, Shehu interrupted her to announce that the president would now meet the protesters.
However, when President Buhari eventually arrived, he ordered journalists out of the meeting. Shehu, who voiced the order, said the reason was because some “sensitive issues” were to be discussed.
Newsmen who had turned up for the meeting thronged out of the banquet hall, venue of the meeting, in quick steps.
According to Enough is Enough (@EiEnigeria), the Presidency was 'cold' during the visit by the Chibok parents and the #BringBackOurGirls campaign.
The advocacy group claims that Nigeria's Minister of Women Affairs, Aisha Alhassan (Mama Taraba), National Security Adviser, Babagana Monguno and Chief of Defence staff, Abayomi Gabriel Olonishakin bluntly told the protesters that the Chibok girls were not kidnapped during President Muhammadu Buhari's administration.
It was gathered that President Muhammadu Buhari also stormed out of a meeting with BBOG campaigners and parents of the missing Chibok school girls.
See pictures below: