The deadly Boko Haram sect has recaptured 45 out of the 63 women and children who reportedly escaped from their detention camps last Friday night.
Abass Gava, a member of Chibok Vigilante Group who spoke yesterday, July 7 in a telephone interview said the 45 women and children were recaptured while attempting to flee from the camps where they were held in their respective villages, Vanguard reports.
"It is very unfortunate and shocking to tell you today (yesterday) that 45 of the 63 escaped women and children were kidnapped again on Sunday night, leaving only 18 that ran into this forests," Gava said.
About 63 women and girls who were abducted last month by suspected Boko Haram militants from Kummabza village in the Damboa Local Government Area of Borno State were said to have escaped from the sect on Friday night after they left them to launch an attack on military and police formations in Damboa area of the state.
Borno State has been one of the hardest hit states by the insurgents in the last five years since their uprising. President Goodluck Jonathan even declared a state of emergency to enable the army flush out the terrorist from the state but their attacks are becoming a daily occurrence.
Meanwhile, the over 234 female students that were kidnapped from their school in Chibok by Boko Haram since April 14 are still missing.