In a statement sighted by Legit.ng on its official Facebook page, the state government said it published the new prices following some false social media reports trailing the upward review of number plates and drivers licence fees by the Joint Tax Board.
Below are the authentic prices:
- Blue Number Plates - N37,825
- Red Number Plates - N41,300
- Change of Ownership Blue Plates - N33,825
- Change of Ownership Red Plates - N38,300
- Fancy Number Plates - N210,175
- Fancy Plates Conversion- N202,050
- Fancy Plates Motorcycle - N54,000
- Out of Series Plates - N60,175
- Out of Series Conversion-N52,050
- Loss Plates/Defaced - N21,250
- Articulated Plates - N57,675
- Standard Conversion - N19,300
- Articulated Conversion - N41,500
- Drivers Licence Fresh/Renewal 3 Years - N10,350
- Drivers Licence Fresh/Renewal 5 Years - N15,450
Do you have a groundbreaking story you would like us to publish? Please reach us through firstname.lastname@example.org!
Legit.ng gathers that the Lagos state government also advised Lagosians to go to Motor Vehicle Administration Agency's stations to confirm the real prices before any transaction.
FG hikes vehicle number plate, driving licence rates
The Joint Tax Board (JTB) took the decision at its 147th meeting which was held in Kaduna on Thursday, March 25.
The JTB directed various federal and state agencies to commence the implementation of the rates. According to the letter, the chairman of the JTB approved August 1 as the commencement date for the implementation of the new rates.
FG approves toll gates policy
In another report, the Federal Executive Council (FEC) has approved a Federal Roads and Bridges Tolling Policy and Regulations.
Presidential aide, Tolu Ogunlesi, made this known in a statement posted on his official Facebook page on Wednesday, August 11.
He said the policy and regulations were approved during the FEC meeting in Abuja on Wednesday. According to Ogunlesi, the minister of works and housing, Babatunde Fashola, said the regulations were developed after extensive consultations with various stakeholders within and outside the government.