The Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Justice Tanko Muhammad, has sworn in the 18 judges recently elevated to the Court of Appeal.
Below is a list of the new justices of the Court of Appeal as highlighted in a report filed by The Nation.
1. Mohammed Danjuma (Niger state)
2. Muhammad Sirajo (Plateau state)
3. Abdul-Azeez Waziri (Adamawa state)
4. Yusuf Bashir (Taraba state)
5. Usman Musale (Yobe state)
6. Ibrahim Jauro (Yobe state)
7. Abba Mohammed (Kano state)
8. Bature Gafai (Katsina state)
9. Danlami Senchi (Kebbi state)
10. Mohammed Abubakar (Sokoto state)
11. Hassan Sule (Zamfara state)
12. Kenneth Amadi (Imo state)
13. Peter Affen (Bayelsa state)
14. Sybil Gbagi (Delta state)
15. Olasunbo Goodluck (Lagos state)
16. Adebukola Banjoko (Ogun state)
17. Olabode Adegbehingbe (Ondo state)
18. Bola Ademola (Ondo state)
Drama as Christian judge takes oath in Allah's name
One of the new appointees, Justice Olasunbo Goodluck, who happens to be a Christian, took her oath in the name of Allah but was immediately corrected by the CJN.
Kano appoints new Sharia court judges
The development was disclosed by the spokesman of the state's judiciary, Baba Jibo-Ibrahim, on Thursday, June 24.
Jibo-Ibrahim in the statement noted that the approval of the appointments was based on the performances of the judges in an aptitude test as well as an interview conducted by the Judicial Service Commission (JSC).