Nigerian Army Reacts to Allegation of Camping of 3,000 Fulani Men in Barracks

Nigerian Army Reacts to Allegation of Camping of 3,000 Fulani Men in Barracks

- Reactions have trailed a rumour that 3,000 Fulani men are taking shelter inside the Okitipupa Army Barrack

- The Nigerian Army questioned the veracity of the report

- The military has cautioned Nigerians against making unverifiable claims

PAY ATTENTION: Join Legit.ng Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!

The Nigerian Army has dismissed claims by a legal practitioner, Wale Odusola, alleging that there are about 3,000 Fulani men taking shelter inside the Okitipupa Army Barrack in the Okitipupa local government area of Ondo state.

Nigerian Army Reacts to Allegation of Camping of 3,000 Fulani Men in Barracks
Nigerian Army Reacts to Allegation of Camping of 3,000 Fulani Men in Barracks
Source: Twitter

The Punch reported that the lawyer made the allegation via social media on Sunday, May 4.

Odusola claimed that his independent findings showed that the Fulani men had been given open land in the barracks to build shelters.

He was reported to have said:

“I have carried out my independent findings and I find the following as facts and true; that Hausas and Fulanis numbering over 3,000 are occupying the army barracks land and built houses there where they live. That the Fulanis/Hausas that we saw four days ago who were arrested and transported to Akure by Amotekun, didn’t come that day, but have been coming in batches before that day. That as of yesterday (Saturday), another set came and are already in the army barracks.''

Read also

Nigerian military sends warning to those plotting to overthrow Buhari’s regime

However, the spokesperson for the 32 Artillery Brigade of the Nigeria Army, Captain Ayorinde Omojokun, described the claim as fake news.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

He told The Punch that the army will invite the lawyer to the barracks over the allegation.

Captain Omojokun said:

“It is fake news; we will invite the lawyer to barracks for his source.”

Meanwhile, the Defence Headquarters (DHQ) has warned soldiers and politicians against any plots to overthrow President Muhammadu Buhari’s regime.

The spokesperson for the DHQ, Brig-Gen Onyema Nwachukwu, gave the warning in a statement issued in Abuja on Sunday, May 3, PR Nigeria reported.

Nwachukwu said the military learnt about a statement suggesting that current political leadership should hand over power to the military for restructuring.

In another news, Senator Ali Ndume, the chairman of the Senate committee on the army, has opened up on the source of Boko Haram weapons frequently used to unleash terror.

Read also

Obasanjo reveals his position on Nigeria's existence as a nation amid rising insecurity

Ndume claims that most of the arms and ammunition used by the dreaded insurgents were stolen from Nigerian soldiers, armed forces, and other security agencies.

Source: Legit

Online view pixel