Kidnappings: Makinde to Engage Man o’ War Operatives to Secure Primary, Secondary Schools in Oyo

Kidnappings: Makinde to Engage Man o’ War Operatives to Secure Primary, Secondary Schools in Oyo

- Governor Makinde has lamented over incessant kidnappings of students in the country

- Makinde expressed his concern on Thursday, April 29, in Ibadan, the capital of Oyo state

- The governor said that there should be synergy among the security operatives to end abduction in Nigeria

PAY ATTENTION: Join Legit.ng Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!

Following the rate of abduction of school students in some states of the federation, Governor Seyi Makinde has said that security architectures would be strengthened in Oyo state.

Nigerian Tribune reports that Makinde noted that he would engage officers of the Man O’ War Nigeria to assist in providing security and surveillance for primary and secondary schools in the state.

Kidnappings: Makinde engages Man O’ War operatives to secure pry, secondary schools in Oyo
Governor Seyi Makinde said he would engage Man O’ War operatives to secure schools in Oyo state. Credit: @seyiamakinde
Source: Twitter

Legit.ng gathered that the governor made this known when he received the national executives of the Man O’ War Nigeria on a courtesy visit to his office on Thursday, April 29.

Read also

Insecurity: Things are getting worse, says APC lawmaker

He explained that the recent trend of the kidnapping of students, among other security challenges, had become worrisome in the country.

The chief press secretary to the governor, Taiwo Adisa, quoted Makinde as urging the organisation to double its efforts at the grassroots in order to contribute its quota to stemming the tide of insecurity in the country.

The governor said:

“Man O’ War, as an organisation, I know is trying its best. I can testify to the role Man O’ War played during the elections that I participated in as a governorship candidate in 2015 and 2019. So, I will renew my commitment in Man O’ War.
“Yes, the nation is faced with insecurity challenges right now all over the place. We have insurgency in the northeast, banditry in the northwest. We have herders/farmers clash in the north-central zone of the country. And we thought those were far, remote, but now, they are at our doorstep."

Read also

Insecurity: FG insensitive to rising incessant killings across Nigeria, says Gov Ortom

Makinde said his government has been dealing with kidnapping, farmers/herders clashes, adding that people have suddenly become temperamental.

TheCable also reports that the governor said he has discussed with the commissioner for education before now on the issue of security in schools, saying that some of them are not properly fenced and that hoodlums hibernate in schools.

He assured the Man O’ War that he would resume his sponsorship of the organisation in his personal capacity such that when he is no longer the governor, he would continue to do it.

The governor also used the occasion to donate two utility vehicles to the state command and one to the national command of the organisation.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read the best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that three students who were abducted from the Federal University of Agriculture, Makurdi (FUAM) in Benue state, reportedly regained their freedom.

Read also

Nigerian governor says current challenges will make the nation stronger

It was reported that the spokesperson of the Benue state police command, Catherine Anene, confirmed the development on Wednesday, April 28.

The police spokesperson reportedly said no ransom was paid for their release, adding that investigation is ongoing.

Source: Legit

Online view pixel