- Nigeria is currently dealing with an extreme heatwave with temperatures well above 35 degrees Celsius
- It has been complaints galore by Nigerians about the heat, especially on social media
- There are effective ways for citizens to cope with the extreme weather this period and they have been outlined
In the last few days across almost all states in Nigeria, the heat of the day and night has been unbearably high.
According to experts, this is due to heatwaves resulting from the emission of greenhouse gasses.
What this means is that citizens in the country need to prepare for warmer days and nights until the weather changes.
In this piece, Legit.ng lists six effective ways to cope with the extreme heat in Nigeria.
1. Drink more water frequently to stay hydrated
2. Reduce the consumption of foods high in protein as they increase metabolic heat
3. Eat fresh fruits and vegetables frequently
4. Avoid alcoholic and caffeinated this period
5. Monitor your blood pressure frequently during this period to ensure it is within the normal range
6. Take cold water baths before going to bed at night
Meanwhile, a Nigerian man's action recently went viral as he used his car engine as a microwave to warm his food.
In a post on Sunday, February 14, the man said he solved the problem of not having a microwave to heat up his meal when he was leaving Warri.
He added that the vehicle was packed along the Warri-Benin expressway as he converted the heat coming from the car to a temporary microwave.
In another development, the world’s first and only national scale drone delivery service, Zipline, on Tuesday, March 2 began the delivery of COVID-19 vaccines to selected health facilities within its service area in neighbouring Ghana.